macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Eric
    Generating arpeggios (or chords) from the chord track
    I've got a global chord track populated with chords; is there a way to generate triads or arpeggios in a software instrument track based on these? I know how to add the chords to the score, but how do I generate notes on the staff? Thanks, Eric
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Generating arpeggios (or chord...
    Hi Eric, Welcome to the forums :) How are you adding chords from the Global Tracks to the Score? Thanks Rounik
  • Eric
    Thank you! I added chords directly to the global track, and then clicked on a software instrument track and used "Add Chords from Global Track". From my reading it looks like I could also add guitar tab chords directly to the staff as well (that actually sounds better). Maybe I should step back: what I'm trying to achieve is to easily enter a chord progression (by computer keyboard/mouse - not playing them into the score) for a software instrument and then have those either expressed as chords or arpeggios by the instrument. Hope that makes sense. Eric
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Eric, It seems there is no way to adjust the Chord (once added to the Score) into MIDI note events (which is what you would need to be able to edit them). Each chord appears as Meta data. However, have you tried using the Step Input Keyboard? This can allow you to add a chord in by clicking on a virtual keyboard with the mouse. Is this what you want to achieve? Thanks Rounik
  • Eric
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I do know about that way. Just wish I could enter quick chords (kind of like Band in a Box entry) or tabs. This doesn't need to be in the score at all, just went down that road to try to get something working. If I know all my keyboard chords this would be a moot point I guess ;) Thanks again, Eric
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm... I could sure spend some time learning more chords on the Keyboard too!! One interesting way, would be to spend some time creating a (or multiple) Chord Memorizer(s) so that pressing one key will playback a chord. Do that for multiple chords ;-) You could then save this chord memorizer in a template or import it into existing projects. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: