macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Musicfox77
    Preparing for mixing help
    Hi! I´m relatively new to music production and Logic. My question is in regards to preparing for and starting a mixing session. After the recording stage I know that many start out with creating a new project for mixing by importing the bounced files from the recording session, so that the mixing consists of just audio files. How can I make shure that the imported audio files/regions end up in the correct place in comparison to the others when I have recorded regions (e.g. guitar solos) not starting at the beginning of the track? Is there some way of doing this other than drag and drop and finding the right place for the regions, or do I have to record from the beginning of all tracks and work my scissors at the mixing stage?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Preparing for mixing help
    Hi Music Fox, There are a few ways you can do this: 1. Choose File > Export > All Tracks as Audio files. (Not great if you have automation already written - but then that shouldn't be a problem as many prefer to automate during the mixing stage). Each Track will be bounced to an audio file which starts from the beginning of the project and ends at the Project End point. (You can adjust this in the transport display area). 2. Solo each track and choose File > Bounce... (make sure the start and end points are the same each time by setting the locators appropriately). This is a long winded manual process especially if dealing with many tracks. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Musicfox77
    Thanks! I will try that Musicfox
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure! Let us know if you have any other questions. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: