macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hizegau
    Logic Node Reliability
    Since upgrading to Logic 9, I have had problems maintaining a connection to Logic Node. The host computer consistently loses communication with the 2nd computer running Node. I am using Leopard on the host computer and Snow Leopard on the 2nd computer, though I was having the same problem before installing Snow Leopard. Both computers are connected via Ethernet to a gigabit router that is also connected to an Airport. I'm not sure if this is the problem. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Node Reliability
    Hi mediacomp, Does it work better if both Mac's are connected via ethernet directly? Also have you installed the latest upgrades for Logic 9.0.1 on both and the latest Logic 9 node on both? :) Rounik
  • Hizegau
    Thanks Rounik, I just updated Logic Node to 9.0.1 on the second computer. So far it is working fine, hopefully that was the problem. Randall
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Randall, Great :) Yes, it should be fine now as it's very important to have the same version of Logic Node installed on both machines. Thanks, Rounik
  • Hizegau
    I'm still having problems with losing communication between the host and slave computer running Logic node. Everything is updated to 9.0.1, I have tried removing Internet access from the router, just dedicating the two computers, nothing seems to help. I am using Leopard on the host and Snow Leopard on the slave, but the problem began before I upgraded the latter. Any suggestions? Thanks! Randall
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Randall, What about if you connect the two Macs directly with an ethernet cable? Thanks Rounik
  • Phun Poh
    Hi, I've used Node on the previous Logic 8 before and works fine between iMac 2Ghz as host and MacBook 2.4Ghz as node. Also with router and internet connection. Right now I have a new project, so I want to hook up the node again with Logic 9, this time with an add-on of an MC mix, but not working as the Node icon always showing the 'green arrow', not the 'green box'. I have tried to run the node directly from iMac to MacBook, still the same result. Well, I just took half a day to make a fresh install of SL and Logic 9 on iMac, thought it might solve the problem, still the same green arrow. I just don't know what to do anymore,, might someone help me? Truly appreciate.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Have you got exactly the same version of Logic Node installed on both Macs? :) Rounik
  • Hizegau
    If the track doesn't need to offload any processing, it will be in the "sync pending" mode and won't be bright green. Try adding some effects to the track, and wait until you actually play the track before the icon goes into "enabled and active" mode. There are also lots of reasons why a track won't behave properly using Node, you can't offload EXS tracks, or tracks with AU plug-ins, or Ultrabeat tracks, or auxilary tracks. Node in the end is fairly limited to what it can actually process. It is also easy to knock it offline by changing projects, etc. But it can add the extra bit of processing you might need to keep a project running if you are flexible with it. Good luck! Randall
  • Phun Poh
    Yeah, I've double check the version, both are 9.0.2. I also realize the limitation. I tried my previous project which has fx plugins such as space designer, compressor, limiter, etc. Those are the tracks that show 'sync pending'. Well, I also realize we have other options to decrease the cpu usage such as freeze track and bus the tracks to a dedicated channel for fx. Just that since i have a MacBook laying around, i would like to offload the usage to it. Besides, I just purchased some East West samples, not sure how power hunger of the plugins, but obviously i would turn off the fx in the Play plugins and offload to the Logic's fx. I really love the node i used last time. But this time seems like i have a very dedicated problem. =( Poh.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: