macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    beat mapping audio
    I'm trying to make the grid fit my performance. I've been trying to beat map audio in Logic 9, following the tutorial in Steve H's master class. I recorded a guitar part and then right clicked under Global Tracks and selected beat mapping. In the view menu I selected flex view and the transients are showing in the region as well as the transient markers in the beat mapping track. In the beat mapping track I try connecting the transients with their proper beats but it shifts the tempo radically when I do so. I know which beats the notes are on and the timing of my performance isn't that out of sync that the tempo should shift that much. I'm in polyphonic mode. Am I doing something wrong?[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1627/picture12g.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: beat mapping audio
    Hi John, Is there any reason why you have Flex View on during the Beat Mapping process? Can you try it without Flex mode on and see if you still don't get good results. btw, from your picture the tempo is constant at 87.8661bpm - it doesn't show any tempo changes. Cheers Rounik
  • Nitygua
    Well it took me a while to get back to that, but yes, the flex time seems to be the whole issue. I was getting my tutorials crossed in my mind. The beat mapping feature is amazing. Thanks for straightening me out on that.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem John :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: