macProVideo.com
Forums
  • xtophe
    EXS24 freeze on logic 8
    Hello everybody, Here is the pbm: I have logic 8.02 running on a Quad G5 PPC and since 2 days when I try to load an instrument to Exs 24 it freeze (not the logic as I can start and stop the music via midi) and I can't close the window EXS 24 till I force to quit.It's the same with Reverb now.has anyone an idea.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS24 freeze on logic 8
    Hi xtophe, How much Ram do you have? Are your sampler instruments / settings stored on an external drive? How much free disk space do you have? Have you tried any maintenance procedures on your Mac recently - like Repair Permissions? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Let me know if that helps, Rounik
  • xtophe
    Hi Rounik, RAM:6,5 Ghz some instruments are in external drive but not the one I try to open. Disk of 230 G° and 43 G° left. I have done repair permissions. The other thing I didn't say before is that I installed the Logic 9 too some weeks ago .As I'm TDM user and PPC mac (for the moment) I had some troubles so I Came back to logic 8 and playing logic 9 with my laptop. Just to see, I try to run my song on logic 9 on the PPC and the reverb works correctly so ......
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi xtophe, Have you tried Quitting Logic, moving the Logic preferences to your desktop and then launching Logic 8? Users/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.plist
  • xtophe
    Hello, I tried to put the prference on the Bureau and now I can't open the logic 8 and logic 9.It stuck on : initialisation loop navigator. Any Idea
  • xtophe
    I put back the old pref and it open again . I have the same problem than at th beginning.The Exs freeze
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi This is unusual. When you move the logic preference file out of the Preferences folder and launch Logic, Logic should create a new preferences file... This is a common troubleshooting step. I have not come across the issue of Logic not creating a new pref file and hanging on startup. Do you have a clone of your system from before you installed Logic 9? Can you list your OSX version and which versions of Logic you have installed. e.g. Logic 9.0.1, 8.0.2 etc Also, what hardware do you have connected to your Mac? Cheers Rounik
  • xtophe
    Hello Rounik, sorry but I had some works to finish.So I have no clone of my system.My OS x version is 10.5.7 my logic versions are 8.0.2 and 9.0.0 and my hardware is Digidesign 192 IO I retry to put the logic Pref out of the preferences and he did another pref like you say but it freeze on both 8 an 9 at in french: "initialisation navigateur loop" Is possibe that I have a sort of virus or something??? Thanks Christophe
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Christophe, I doubt you have a virus or malware, but I know some users have issues with Digi hardware and Logic occasionally. Perhaps you could try removing the 192 and it's driver and seeing if the issue persists? Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: