macProVideo.com
Forums
  • amerikiwi
    I want to make drag & drop chords for midi editor
    Hey, looking for ways way to make (or create a environment to make) a system to drag & drop chords. kinda like selecting a block chord & dropping it into the midi editor to get that chord. Im not a keyboard player (am a guitarist) and would love to have a template set up that has standard voicing for piano to play chords. I'v built one that has standard voices or guitar chords, but was hoping there was a easier way. Kinda like row of buttons that say : C maj, C min, C sus, C min 7, ect - that I could drag into a arraignment to block out a song fast. sold also use with an arpeggiator to make a fast piano track. it would be even better if it was a bit like the chord memorizer where a button would remember a specific chord formula (as in how a guitar wold voice a standard 'g' ( g,d,g,b,g) vs a piano voicing). something where you'd load the voicing, and tag a button that holds the formula and drag & drop onto an arrangement. Of course you would also be able to set the length of each 'button'. I know that I could program the chord memorizer to hold say standard minor chords for one octave, then maj 7th for another octave, and then I could play it in, but I'd really like to be able to Drag & drop to save time and spit something out fast. I don't think the score editor lets you do this. am I wrong? any way to make a environment to do what I'm saying? ideas?
  • steveH
    Re: I want to make drag & drop...
    The environment just isn't drag and drop! You could create a complex series of chord memorizers and switches to produce a desired result. Find a good environment programmer to design this to your specifications!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: