macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    new beat mapping issues
    I sequenced a keyboard part and then muted it and recorded a guitar part in free time. I then beat mapped the guitar but it moved all the midi data off its beat. How can I beat map the audio while not affecting the midi? The midi moved from its position on the grid rather than just changing tempo with the audio.
  • Hamish H
    Re: new beat mapping issues
    Hi John I watched the beat mapping tutorial myself for the first time a few weeks ago, and I think the answer is in there somewhere. from my understanding of beatmapping, its a global change, if you change the grid to suit one track or instrument you are changing the entire grid. So that means if you beatmap the guitar you're changing the grid that the keyboard is on, and so the notes are moving. I think there is a function for keeping the notes in their relative postions, regardless of how the grid changes. Its in chapter nine of Steve's Masterclass, called Protecting Midi Position
  • Nitygua
    Thanks Hamish, I'm trying to make the other instruments match my guitar for a semi- rubato feel. I thought the midi data would stay attached to the same place/beat regardless of the tempo changes.
  • Hamish H
    I've just found the tutorial, its called "protect midi position', number 9 of steve's master class
  • Hamish H
    there's a checkbox in the beatmapping global parameter section called Protect Midi. I don't know if that means you won't be able to quantise future midi instruments to the guitar, but i guess you can cross that bridge when ou get there
  • Nitygua
    Thanks so much, Hamish! I knew they had to have a setting for that.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: