macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Andre
    Flex Editing Drums in Logic
    Hi, In his video, Flex Time Editing 104, in chapter 4, Steve explains how to quantize drums. I have some questions about that: 1-Shouldn't transiant markers be editied (on tracks that will be used as Quantizing reference) before Quantizing Drums? This step wasn't in chapter 4. 2-Is it possible to only use part of a track as quantizing reference? For instance, in the beginning, the drummer only plays the ride on quarter notes, however, he plays mostly on the Hi-Hats (instead of the ride) for the rest of the track. I would like to switch between the Hi-Hat and Ride as quantizing reference because I don't want the bleed to influence the quantizing when a part is not playing (a specific mic was used for a ride). Is this possible? 3-I'm a bit confused. The dark lines are Quantzing reference lines and the pale one are transiant markers? Or is it the other way around? 4-Are quantizing reference lines really always on transiant markers? Then what's the point of having several Q-reference tracks? If the Snare and Base drum fall on the same beat, but are only slightly off, which one will it choose? Thanks for your help Andre Favreau
  • steveH
    Re: Flex Editing Drums in Logic
    [quote:]1-Shouldn't transiant markers be editied (on tracks that will be used as Quantizing reference) before Quantizing Drums? This step wasn't in chapter 4.[/quote] Always a good idea to edit your transient markers! [quote]2-Is it possible to only use part of a track as quantizing reference? [/quote] No. It's a track based function. You could put some of the regions on different tracks and include them in Q-ref if you like! For instance, in the beginning, the drummer only plays the ride on quarter notes, however, he plays mostly on the Hi-Hats (instead of the ride) for the rest of the track. I would like to switch between the Hi-Hat and Ride as quantizing reference because I don't want the bleed to influence the quantizing when a part is not playing (a specific mic was used for a ride). Is this possible? [quote] 3-I'm a bit confused. The dark lines are Quantzing reference lines and the pale one are transiant markers? Or is it the other way around?[/quote] You're right! [quote] 4-Are quantizing reference lines really always on transiant markers? Then what's the point of having several Q-reference tracks? If the Snare and Base drum fall on the same beat, but are only slightly off, which one will it choose?[/quote] Pick the right one!
  • Andre
    2-Is it possible to only use part of a track as quantizing reference? I don't want to contradict you, Ã Teacher, but I tried deleting transient makers on part of the Ride or Hi-Hat tracks when they were not playing, and then select them as Q-reference tracks. It seems that Logic will then not place Quantizing markers on these portions of the track. I also think now that you can opt out of flex mode for some regions before selecting them as Q-reference tracks, and Logic will then not place quantizing markers for those regions. Thanks for your help and great tutorial
  • Andre
    Oopps, it's suppose to be: O Teacher, but I have a French keyboard. It's just meant to be funny or at least trying. Thanks again for your help
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: