macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Anouk
    Pan Law
    If I'm mixing music with a lot of discreet l+r panning as well as hard l+r doubling, which pan law setting do I want to use in order to incur the least amount of "perceivable" instrument/voice level changes when summing stereo to mono.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pan Law
    Hi Anouk, Sounds like you want to experiment with the Pan Law in Logic to -3dB. Here is the Pan Law settings explanations from the Logic 9 manual (p.1228): [i] "Pan Law pop-up menu: Signal spanned to the center position may sound louder than signal spanned hard left or right. The Pan Law value determines the amount of volume reduction on signals that are panned to the center position. You can choose from the following settings: 0 dB: With no change to the volume level, signals will seem louder when panned to the center position, in comparison with extreme left or right pan positions. -3 dB: A full scale signal (0 dBfs) will have a level of a -3 dB when panned to the center position. 3 dB compensated: A full scale signal (0 dBfs) will have a level of 0 dB when panned to the center position (or +3 dB when panned to extreme left or right positions). "[/i] :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: