macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Leon
    How to use a different audio interface instead of core audio
    Hey guys, How do i get Logic to use my m-audio firewire audiophile instead of it's core audio. Or is that not a good idea?
  • Leon
    Re: How to use a different audio i...
    Nevermind, did it although doesnt seem much better then the core audio
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Raff Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio What do you mean it doesn't seem much better than your Mac's built-in audio? btw, your M-Audio and built-in Audio both use your Mac's Core Audio drivers ;-) Rounik
  • Leon
    Ok thanks it still seems that when i'm running alot of tracks it freezes on me and shut's down. So im thinking my m-audio just made a slight difference in terms of the audio driver???
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Oh ok. Doesn't sound good! Have you checked the m-audio site for the latest drivers for your interface? Cheers Rounik
  • Leon
    Hey brother sorry to answer so late yeah i think i just have way to many tracks in general and all the plugins and automation etc, so ijust bounced everything to audio. Works much better. But heres another question how can i get sample librarys that i bought into the exs 24 when they are compatible for it. Also i bought a sample magic electro cd which is supposed to be apple loops but they show up as audio files only???
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! I should mention it's a good idea to keep an eye on the CPU meters in Logic to get a sense of when your Mac is struggling under the pressure of many plugins etc. As for the sample libraries.... Which ones are they? Do they come with EXS24 sample instrument files and associated samples? They normally go in: ~/Library/Application Support / Logic / Sampler Instruments I'd recommend placing the actual samples in a folder close to the instruments. Apple Loops can be audio only (blue) or audio with MIDI data and channel strip data (green). Have you tried dragging the folder containing the purchased apple loops onto the Loop Browser in Logic? Cheers Rounik
  • Leon
    Hey Rounik So the drag into the browser worked great although logic didn't organize it And when i put it in the sampler instruments i opened the exs 24 and i cant find it in the list of instruments do i have to do anything after i put it in that folder? And would the pre constructed kits be ready to go or does it normally just do one shots? thanks a ton for your help you are very insightful
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Raff, Make sure you place the sampler instrument file (.exs) in the location above and place it's samples in a folder with it. If you had Logic and EXS24 open while doing this then click on the instrument selector area and choose 'Refresh Menu'. I couldn't tell you whether the kits you got will be one shots or fully multi-sampled across many velocity layers... All depends on who did the sampling and created the sampler instruments ;-) Hope that helps! btw, you may be interested in the EXS24 tutorial? It is very useful and shows some really nifty ways to create and modify Sampler Instruments: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9102[/url] Of course, ask away here too and I'll help whenever possible :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: