macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex Commins
    Recording Music Videos - a suggestion for tutorial
    Many of us home studio folks who use Logic are interested in making videos for teaching guitar, or just playing songs (for youtube or for teaching). I just took Francesco Schiavon's fabulous iMovie tutorial. If y'all could do a tutorial for how to make a music video (of oneself playing guitar, for instance) - with the music recorded into Logic. For instance: do I "film" myself playing into iMovie while recording what I'm playing into Logic? Do I then export the iMovie project to Quick Time (because the Logic video sync function has to work with a Quick Time movie)? Oh, when I am playing into Logic, do I have to do it at 48k sampling rate (videos use 48K, right) and 16 or 24 bit? -- I guess 16 bit. Is the final Logic project (video and music) then exported back to QuickTime etc etc? How does iDVD fit in with this? Your tutorial could take us through the whole project - that would be totally awesome. Actually, if you can answer those questions, I would be most appreciative (in paragraph above). But in the long run, I bet this would be a great tutorial for y'all -- it brings together "video making" (iMovie) and Logic - I bet that would be a major popular tutorial - and it is something lots of us want to know (for youtube and for teaching music). I am so glad I signed up so that I have access to watch any tutorial when I want -- that is how I was able to pick Francesco's iMovie tutorial - and why I am now interested in pursing this new project. Thanks again for the great work y'all do -- y'all make this stuff so much fun peace - alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Music Videos - a sug...
    Hi Alex, Good idea. Do feel free to post your suggestion in the Suggested Training sub-forum: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/suggested-training[/url] As for your question... well, do you plan to record yourself (video) using the iSight in your Mac or an external Video camera? iSight: I would record the video into Quicktime or iMovie. Also set up your audio interface's mic input to record your guitar / voice simultaneously. When you've finished recording you should have a movie file with video from the iSight and audio from your interfaces input. Now you can edit the video in iMovie and if needed import the finished video file into Logic, extract the audio track and clean it up there too. When finished export the Logic project's audio to the movie file and voila you're done. The standard procedure for audio used with video is 48khz and 16bit. Does that cover all your questions? Thanks for all the kind words too! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: