macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tanirye
    Logic Pro 9 key commands
    I am working my way through the Logic Pro 9 videos (which are excellent) and I keep running into an issue where few if any of the key commands mentioned in the videos actually work in Logic Pro 9 from a fresh install. Is there a key command set I could load that would match the video tutorials? It is proving very difficult to follow along and learn the essential key commands. I am having to go and look each one up in the key commands setting preference and finding they are all different. An example is zoom which in the tutorial says hit control + arrow key. What I am finding is when I do this I get the flashing white screen which through more forum searching I have found means I am getting a visual error from Logic Pro. I looked up these keys and they are set to control+ option + arrow ... any thoughts?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 9 key commands
    Hi jeffreyd, Welcome to the forums! It seems that Apple have changed a few of the default key commands. The Control-arrow being changed to control-option-arrow possibly due to conflicts with Spaces? There are a number of default key command presets. In the Key Command window click on 'Options" (top left) and you'll find a number of sets that pertain to different nations and to different keyboards (with numeric keypads and without). I don't think there are many more of the standard key commands that will be different in the tutorial - best thing I can suggest is to change them to whatever shortcuts suit you. That's the beauty of Logic... and on the flipside can be a slight frustration for new users. Indeed, the flashing white screen I believe was introduced in Logic 9.0.1 or 0.2 to replace the standard OSX error alert sound - which could be quite undesirable if playing live or when in the studio at critical times! Hope that helps! Rounik
  • Runamay
    I've just started watching the tutorials and ran into this problem too. Thank you for the explanation of how to zoom. In key commands in Logic it tells you to hold down ctrl, opt, cmd, and an arrow key, instead of the correct ctrl, opt and arrow key. Anyone know why this is? Sorry if this is a true ignoramus question! I'm new to Macs too. Watching just an hour of these tutorials has already transformed Logic for me. Brilliant. Cheers.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Atticus, Welcome to the forums! There are different key command sets (accessible in the Options menu in the Key commands window). It could be that a country and keyboard specific set has zoom set to control-option-command + arrows... But I've not come across that one before. Glad to hear you're benefiting from the tutorials :) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: