macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Slimjimbo
    Compression in action: how do I set my arrange window to mimic
    Hi, I am looking at the Compression in action tutorial - where once channel is set up to record to another - to view the effect of compression. How do I set up Logic 8 as shown in the example so I can try this out for myself? It looks like the out 1-2 channell is showing in the arrange window; I've no idea how to set this up. Would very much appreciate some help. Thanks. All the best, Jim
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Compression in action: how do ...
    Hi Jim, In the Logic 401 tutorial in the video '15 - Compression in Action' at about 1:45 in Steve shows briefly how this is setup. Basically, you click hold on the output slot of the channel strip and select 'Bus xx' In the Mixer a New Auxilliary channel will be created which is fed by this Bus. Create a new Audio track. In the I/O section set the Input to the same Bus number as above. Now you can record internally within Logic. :) One of Logic's strengths is it's flexible routing ability... Very cool in setting up multiple headphone Mixes or trying out different Mixes too. :) Rounik oh, I should add the Right most channel strip in the Arrange areas Inspector shows the Output for the current track. So, once you have set up an audio channel's output to a bus, then the corresponding Aux channel shows up on the right. Let me know if you need any further help :)
  • Slimjimbo
    Re: Compression in action: how do ...
    Thanks very much. your help is very much appreciated. Sorry to take so long to get back to you - it's been a busy week. I will try out your suggestions and get back to you if I am still confused. Thanks again. All the best, Jim
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: