macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Video Mixer in Logic
    Hi Rounik, I've just started downloading the video mixer. I haven't been around for a long time, and I hadn't had the chance to check it out. I'll make sure to give you any feedback as soon as I go through it. Thanks a lot! Also, someone recommended a video software similar to modul8 called VDMX. I haven't tried it yet, but looks good. There's a free demo version, the website is www.vidvox.net By the way, I've been working on a project with a sampling rate of 48k at 24bit, and I'm using the 896Mk3 Motu interface. I want to bounce my project in logic and sample convert to 44k at 16bit. Does this conversion process inside Logic use the converters in my Motu interface when plugged in my computer? Any idea? Regards, -fvs
  • steveH
    Re: Video Mixer in Logic
    No. The conversion process happens entirely within Logic. Be sure to dither whenever you have a eduction in bit depth!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi fvs, No probs. Check it out whenever. It's a fairly rudimentary environment - but sure any feedback would be appreciated! Wow. VDMX 5 looks a little more comprehensive than my lil' Video mixer!! ;-) Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Hi Steve, Thanks for letting me know!
  • mmusic88
    I'll definitely check your video mixer. Thanks. VDMX looks very cool, but the free demo version does not allow you to save a project : ( In regards to sampling conversion inside Logic, does anyone know if this conversion is good? I've heard some people complaining that Logic converters are not good. What do you think? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi fvs, I've never had any negative issues with Logic's sample rate conversion engine. Always treated me well. Steve, what do you think? Thanks Rounik
  • steveH
    Same!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: