macProVideo.com
Forums
  • aircat
    Setting up channel strips (basic question)
    Hello, everybody! :D I'm new to Logic and this forum. I'm using Mainstage mainly, but recently I've decided to create couple of recordings. I had previously set up 2 software instrument channel strips in Mainstage. How do I bring them to Logic? I wasn't able to find any quick way to do this, moreover I wasn't able to create a layered instrument in Logic! So how can I do this? Thank you very much in advance. p.s. Here's the pic of how my patch looks like in MS [img]http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6544/mschannelstrips.jpg[/img]
  • steveH
    Re: Setting up channel strips (bas...
    Layering in Logic requires you to put more than one Software Instrument track into record enable mode at the same time. Simply click the record button on every track you want in the layer. Upon recording, the MIDI data is placed on the selected track and aliases of that data are placed on the other (record enabled) unselected tracks thus creating a layered effect.
  • aircat
    Thank you very much! I'll try this.
  • Rounik Admin
    Also, to 'transfer' a channel strip from Mainstage to Logic or vice versa: Click hold on the Channel strip settings button - towards the top of a channel strip (often contains the name of the channel strip) and choose Save Channel strip as... This will save the entire effects/instrument chain on the CS. In Logic either open the Library and select an empty Channel strip or click-hold on the channel strip settings button to access the factory and your own CS settings. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: