macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xykejay
    Sustain pedal not working in Mainstage only with Kontakt 4
    I can't get Kontakt 4.0.2 to sustain notes when instantiated in Mainstage. The sustain pedal works fine for Kontakt in stand alone mode, and for the same patch/channel strip in Logic 9, but not when in a channel strip in MainStage. I have the pedal mapped properly (same channel, same keyboard selected, same channel selected on Kontakt plugin), since all other patches work fine with said sustain pedal in Mainstage... except for the Kontakt samples. I have tried a different controller with a different sustain pedal (again, properly mapped and channel synchronized- same channel on controller, pedal and Kontakt interface), and the same occurs. Have you come across this issue before? Any ideas on what's going on and/or fixes? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sustain pedal not working in M...
    Hi Gman, In MS have you created a new screen control and "learned" or manually mapped it to the Sustain in Kontakt? :) Rounik
  • Xykejay
    I have gone into the "wrench" area of the Kontakt plugin/instrument options/controller/MIDI controller #64(Sustain Pedal) acts as". I have set this to both Pedal + CC, and Pedal w/o CC. Neither setting works. Again, the same settings work fine within Logic (i.e. the sustain works). I have the pedal mapped to the right keyboard and to the same MIDI channel in Kontakt, and I can see it respond on the Mainstage interface; in fact, I can play the patch fine; it just doesn't sustain! An interesting thing is that when I press the pedal, I can see a MIDI message on Mainstage but not in Kontakt. Help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gman, Hmmm. strange. I don't have Kontakt - so unfortunately can't test it out here. Have you tried contacting Native Instruments and asking them whether they can test this too. Let me know how you get on. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: