macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Bussing
    So I've got my drums routed to bus 1 in my song. all of my tracks routed to bus 9 to control an effect on all of my tracks. And another bus (bus 2) to control the volume of my drums and the bass. the sound of the bass and drums doubled, cuz I've got bus 2 with drums and bass and bus 9 with drums and bass. ughhh! I daisy chained bus one to be outputted to bus 9. so that it would be independent of the bus 9 control. anyways i'm confused.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bussing
    Hi K1 Sounds like you've got Aux 9, Aux 2 and Aux 1 possibly routed to the Main Output 1-2 which would explain why you are hearing doubled bass and drums. If you are routing signals via the I/O of the channel strip, make sure only the final Bus/Aux is routed to Output 1-2.
  • Segejee
    So this is what I want to do. I want to assign the drums to bus 1, the drums and the bass to bus 2 and bus 9 to all of my tracks. So when I go through and solo each buss I should only be able to hear what is assign to each bus. How can I do this?
  • Rounik Admin
    How are you 'assigning' the channels to the Aux Channels? Via the Sends or the Output? Using a combination of Sends and outputs you can set up really complicated routing in Logic. Hope I can explain this well enough to understand in a post. Before i go any further I remember that in Steve H's TNT series there is a section on setting up sub mixes which goes into depth and may be easier to follow along to that my post(!) - Route the Output of the drums to Bus 1. - Route the output of Bass to Bus 2. - Send from the drums to Bus 2. - Route the Output of Bus1 (Aux 1) to Bus 9. - Route the output of Bus 2 (Aux 2) to Bus 9. - Route the outputs of all other (non-Aux) channels to Bus 9. - Route the Output of Bus 9 to Stereo Out 1-2. That should work as you wish now? R
  • Segejee
    do you remember exactly which tutorial it is?
  • Segejee
    is there not suppose to be a send from the drums to bus 1? you said route the output of the drums to bus 1.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, It's in TNT2 - Section 9 - Video 28: Creating Headphone Mixes. There's not necessarily a right or wrong way to do this IMHO. Logic's routing is extremely flexible. If you wish you can use a send from the original drums channel or route it's output. I chose to route the output of the channel simply because it's easier than creating a send and setting the Output of the channel to no-output (which if you didn't do you would hear the Drums twice - or more relevantly, the drums would be sent to the Stereo Output twice). :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    when I route the output of the drums to bus 1, I only here the drums on bus 2, I don't hear any drums on bus 1. I followed your directions
  • Segejee
    when you say "Send from the drums to Bus 2." I'm guessing you're saying make a send (bus 2) to be routed to Bus 2.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, Yes, make a send form the original Drums channel to Bus 2 (Aux 2). Here's a very quick example I put together. Drums consist of two channel strips (snare and kick). Bass is one channel strip. Pads is one other channel strip. Only thing to be aware of is to mute the Aux titled 'Bs & Drms' to make sure you don't hear the bass and drum parts twice... alternatively, solo it if you only want to hear drums and bass together. [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/223q3c[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: