macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Re: Bussing
    thats kinda cool for automating busses via solo buttons. what about if I wanna control volume slider of the busses. if I pull the volume slider of bus 1 to 0 db so that the drums will not be heard. if I pull the slider of bus 2 to 0 db so that the drums and the bass are not heard?
  • Segejee
    another maybe instead of solo on/off automation for the tracks, what about mute on/off automation.
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes. You can do either of those techniques. Just add the Aux channels to the Arrange window and automate the level, solo or mute as desired. :) R
  • Segejee
    if you look at your example try muting bus 1. I did and I still hear the drums.
  • Rounik Admin
    yes. That's because the drums are being routed to Bus 3 as well. this is only an example based on what you wanted. You can play with it and change it to suit.
  • Segejee
    In this pic, each bus is a sub mix. On a regular channel strip if you solo a channel it would only be heard right? if you pull down the volume slider it wouldn't be heard right? thats what I am trying to accomplish with sub mixes. taking sub mixes out of the song, solo-ing sub mixes that they will only be heard. I'm trying to gain more control over which parts are heard in my arrangements. [img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8195/picture2en.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. But in this pic you have the Bass on one channel? Beats/drums on one channel? Instead of creating a sub mix for the bus and a separate one for the beats.... why don't you just solo the original Beats or Bass Channel strip? :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    this is more of what I'm looking without having to create two of the same rhodes tracks and 3 of the same bass tracks. bus 1 is the beat or drums Aux, bus 5 is drums and bass, bus 6 is the bass, rhode, flute, bus 7 is bass and rhode, and bus 30 is all the tracks. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9132/picture1ag.png
  • Segejee
    sorry did my image not show up?
  • Rounik Admin
    No - but it's fine. I saw your image. Looks good. Glad to hear you got things working on the way you wanted them to :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: