macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bussing
    That's because you're allowing the Note Offs (0 values) to trigger the Solo button too. Have you seen the environment here - which is about mute buttons: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/tips-n-tricks&id=22062[/url] Similar concept. So, I ask again... Have you seen the TNT1 or 2 tutorials? I ask so I know what tutorials you have at your disposal to help you understand some of the environment concepts needed to make this work :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    yeah I've seen both tnt1 and 2
  • Segejee
    so I view your forum and downloaded your UB random aux voice channel machine. and it was a pretty impressive job, you should do a cameo on that in the next tnt series. I was trying to think of what I really wanted to achieve and I want to solo between sub mixes kinda like the toggle option in pattern mode in UB. Each sub mix is solo with a key on and when the key is triggered for off, it un solos the track.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, Thanks! I made an amendment to your candle in the wind project using the concept from the UB Random mute idea. I've converted them to use the solo lock mode idea (to toggle solo on for one channel and it then switches it off for the other channels). The Keys C1 to G1 are mapped to each Aux channel. It's a bit messy and perhaps there is a better way to achieve this, but it does the job. Here it is: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/l0zgt7[/url] Do you mind if I post this environment in the 'Share your Environments' thread at the top of the Logic Forum? Thanks Rounik
  • Segejee
    yeah thats pretty much the effect i'm trying to achieve. Is there a way to safeguard this so the button cannot be un-soloed. I can only see my self playing a live set and having a few drinks and ruining the party by un-soloing one of the buttons :) yeah I don't mind if you post it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Well the way I created this environment was to make sure whenever the C1 note is triggered one button is soloed and the rest are unsoloed. However, pressing the same key again (e.g. C1) will unsolo the original and all the rest will remain unsoloed. Making it so pressing C1 a second time has no effect would be more tricky and probably mean I have to conceive of and start the Environment from scratch. Unfortunately, I'm short on time to do that now. I think the best thing would be to either open up the macro solo buttons and explore them and see if you can change anything there or explore the Key Commands and try and learn the Solo locked command to a button on your MIDI Controller. My Oxygen 8 is playing up and so I am not able to get it to work as desired to 'toggle solo'. Other option would be to go without beer ;-) On the other hand... You didn't mention that you wanted this for playing live! Then you could simply bounce each sub mix to audio and use it in the EXS24 or... Have you explored Mainstage2? Or even in Logic, using Touch Tracks could be a much more efficient way to achieve what you want to do. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=15824&sid=#15824[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=15549&sid=#15592[/url] :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    yeah did you mention touch tracks before? Was wondering if you or Steve could cover how it works cuz, I don't think it's covered in the TNT series right? Sounds like touch track are the way to go, or buy ableton Live. :)
  • Rounik Admin
    No I didn't mention touch tracks in this thread. This thread AFAIK has been about creating sub mixes for studio work and auditioning in the studio... For live performance, well, touch tracks are the way to go. I think they are not covered in a TNT yet. The Logic 8 manual does cover how to setup up touch tracks. 1. Bounce your regions to audio. I recommend bouncing them as loops. e.g. Rather than having a 32 bar audio file, if it's essentially a loop, keep it a convenient size (8 bars) - but this is down to what you need for performance. 2. Import them into the EXS24. 3. In the Arrange create regions for each 'part'. They must trigger the part, so if you want an 8 bar loop, the trigger region should be 8 bars etc. 4. In the Environment create a touch tracks object and cable it to the EXS24 Channel strip. 5. Assign the Touch Track object to a blank track in the Arrange. 6. With the Touch Track window open, drag each region/loop to a different key in the Touch Tracks window. 7. Change the trigger for each of these to 'ToggleLoop' and the Start I usually set to Next 1/1. 8. The transport MUST be running for Touch tracks to work. 9. You can mute the regions (not the track!) and start playback and trigger the touch tracks by pressing a note on your keyboard. 10. Ableton Live is great and really suited for live performance so do consider it. Rounik
  • Segejee
    Correct me if I'm wrong touch tracks in this example sounds like using keys to control different parts of the song to be control via midi control (intro, chorus, bridge, ending, etc... ), is that the same as control the solo of sub mixes? Controlling the solo of the sub mixes, is essentially part of making the song.
  • Rounik Admin
    Touch tracks can be used to 'control sub mixes'. Just bounce each sub mix to an audio file and follow the steps above. Touch tracks could be used ONLY to experiment with different parts of a song, like verse, chorus, verse, bridge, etc... but there's nothing stopping you from using it in a different way!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: