macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bedagoa
    Cannot Open Logic 8...Please Help
    This just started happening and I have no idea what to do. When I try to simply open Logic, it does not open and just sits there. (The little Logic opening window stalls and states "Searching for Audio Unit Plug-ins (Apple:AUbandpass)...). Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have projects that need to get done and I am stuck. Thanks to anyone who can help...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cannot Open Logic 8...Please H...
    Hi Jack, Have you installed any new plugins recently? It sounds like Logic is crashing due to a plugin. Go to ~/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components Remove all the plugins from this folder and launch Logic. If it works, quit Logic and manually place a plugin (one at a time) back into the above folder and find the offending plug-in. Would be helpful to know what version of OSX you are running and whether you have installed any new software between when Logic stopped launching. Thanks Rounik
  • Bedagoa
    Rounik, Thank you for your response. I just installed Logic 9, thinking that would solve the problem for sure, but I STILL get the same message "Searching for Audio Unit plug-ins (Apple: AUBandpass)..." on the start-up window. I have not installed any new plug-ins recently. I am running version 10.5.8, Logic 9 (just now), MOTU Traveler audio Interface with the most updated Drivers. I have one 3rd party plug-in--BFD2, which I installed a long time ago. I tried doing as you said (Go to ~/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components Remove all the plugins from this folder and launch Logic). I did this, and moved the ONLY thing in that folder: "BFD2.component" to my desktop, and Logic still will not open, giving the message mentioned above. I have never been so FRUSTRATED in my life! I need to get work done and I have NO idea why this is happening. If you have any advice, please help me out. I would so very much appreciate it. Thank you!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Jack, In order to troubleshoot we'll need to go step by step.... So, bearing in mind we're in different time zones I'll give as many steps as possible. Please do follow them and let me know that each one has been attempted and any effect it has. Try launching Logic after every step. Thanks. I need to start with some questions and then suggestions: 1. Have you installed any new software or done anything on your computer (moved many files) since Logic stopped working? 2. /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components is located in your Home folder and directly in your Mac HD. Please check both locations if you haven't already done so and remove plugins as per my first post. 3. What kind of installation did you perform for Logic 9??? Did you replace all content? 4. Quit all applications and follow this procedure: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] 5. Unplug your M-Audio audio interface and restart your Mac. DO NOT plug it in, but try to launch Logic. 6. Move these two files com.apple.logic.pro.cs & com.apple.logic.pro.plist from their location: User/Library/Preferences to the Desktop and try starting Logic. 7. Start Logic without Core-Audio: Hold down the Control key while launching Logic. Logic will NOT load any AU plugins, but will ask if you wish to start Core Audio or not. Select NO. Logic will open in a limited mode. 8. Out of interest, do you have melodyne rewire installed on your system? 9. Now you are in Logic, go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Units Manager Check that all plugins have been successfully validated. If any have NOT, then uncheck the tick box. Also, may be a good idea for now to uncheck AuBandpass too. I'd also recommend you use the Disable Failed AU's and Reset & Rescan Selection buttons if applicable. 10. When done, go to Logic Pro > preferences > Audio (Devices) and try re-enabling Core Audio. Hope you are up and running by now, if not let me know. Cheers Rounik
  • Bedagoa
    Rounik, Thanks so much for your help so far. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. I followed all your steps closely. UPDATE: I do not have Melodyne installed, and when I installed Logic 9 I did NOT replace all the content. I was able to get Logic to finally open (sort of), BUT: When I go to the Audio Units Manager it shows ALL the audio units as crashed, or "crashed validation" under the compatibility heading. All the boxes are unchecked on the left. When I try to check any of them, it says in the grey window that pops up, for example: "validating Audio Unit AUAudioFilePlayer by Apple: validation result: crashed validation updating properties of AU AUAudioFilePlayer by Apple...done." THEN a window pops up stating: "The application Logic Pro has quit Unexpectedly" and this happens every time I try this. Also, every time I start Logic I get the same "The application Logic Pro has quit Unexpectedly" pop-up window, along with a Logic pop-up dialogue that reads: "You are using incompatible Audio Units. Dear Logic Pro user, you have 1 Audio Unit(s) enabled which did not pass the Apple AU validation. This may cause problems and can even crash Logic Pro or lead to data loss! Please check with the manufacturer(s) for updated versions. We recommend disabling these plug-ins in the AU Manager." with the buttons: Start AUmanager or Ignore. AND, even more odd, regardless of what button I choose Logic continues to open to the arrange window. Is there anything I can try next? I am going insane over this...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jack, HOW did you manage to get Logic to launch again? What process did you do? Was it from after something I suggested or something else? It's really important we know what steps helped! These are bizarre messages you are getting! I almost wish I was able to see them! Try this: Quit Logic. Open a Finder window and navigate to the Applications folder. Find the Logic app. Select it. Choose File > Get Info Make sure that 'Open in Rosetta' is NOT checked. Try launching Logic again. Any joy? Rounik
  • Bedagoa
    I think I got logic to open trying this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1086 I will try the new thing you suggested when I get home from work. If that doesn't work, do you thing reinstalling OS X on my computer will probably solve this issue?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jack, That would be my next suggestion - backup all important files etc then clean erase & format your Mac (using Disk Utility on your Apple Disk that came with your Mac), then reinstall OSX and then Logic. But, of course, let's try my suggestion first and let me know how that goes... there may still be another solution. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: