macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rularey
    Logic 405 Confessions of a Drum & Bass Producer
    Hi- Admins feel free to move this to wherever it's most relevant. I was really interested in checking this lesson out, but when I looked at the 'topics' there was really hardly anything there. The only reason I'd want to download this tutorial is if it could show me how to create those tasty drum and bass beats I'm always hearing everywhere, but instead there only appears to be one video on creating that and 99% of the other videos are telling me the plusses and minuses of using Apple loops.... Does this tutorial actually show how to create drum and bass beats (specifically using the Amen Break??!?!?!)?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 405 Confessions of a Dru...
    Hi Roy, That's because it hasn't all been released yet. The topic list only shows the videos which have been released early (first part of the tutorial) and there will be at least another 35 videos to follow. I can't guarantee on the video titles yet - but this will be posted as soon as the complete title is released :) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic405[/url] You can check the status for a tutorial on it's own page. This one says still in production and we expect to release it in full on 30th November. Thanks! Rounik
  • Gelyfua
    Hi I've pre ordered this tutorial, looks like just the thing I've been needing. Not sure if it's possible but it would be great to receive the vids that have been done so far as we are now past the 30 Nov expected date of release. If not, hopefully I'll be able to receive it in it's entirety before christmas. mark
  • Simon
    I'm also hoping that this title will include information on creating beats from scratch, but more than that I hope it includes some insight into bass programing in the context of the more progressive end of the genre. I'd be particularly interested in gaining an understanding of the ways in which artists like Squarepusher and Venetian Snares approach composition. I think DnB is far from being a spent force, and as it begins to absorb more influences from areas such as modern jazz and fusion I think it will become less a style of music to just get stoned to and jump up and down, and more a style to actually sit down and listen to. I'm also not that interested in the use of Apple Loops.
  • jeff
    I pre-ordered as well but cannot download - noticed the status is "in production" .... any timeline update for availability
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi All, Firstly, many thanks for your patience. Sometimes release dates need to be put back but we're working hard on getting it released as soon as we can! Currently the pre-released videos are available for online subscribers. As soon as the full tutorials is ready we will be able to make it available for downloaders and online subscribers alike. As soon as we have a firm full release date we will pass it on or release it. Thanks again, Rounik
  • Simon
    I downloaded this vid today and I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am. It contains nothing that isn't already covered in Martin's existing videos (at their most basic level), and absolutely nothing that is specific to creating sounds or writing songs in the DnB genre. You'd think that there would be extensive work on how to create interesting and complex beats (after all it is DRUM and bass), or how to program the various types of bass sounds (Dub Step Wobble etc.) in the ES2, but no. Instead this guy just waffles on in a way that's faintly reminiscent of my aged grandpa while extolling the virtues of his various hardware synths and imparting no useful information. To cap it off the whole tutorial is based around a ropey old tune that seems to have completely missed the way DnB has evolved over the past 10 years. Generally I find Mac Pros vids to be of the highest quality and at times I don't know what I would have done without them but someone really seems to have dropped the ball on this one. There really is a markets for a concise and detailed tutorial on writing and producing contemporaneity Drum and Bass music, but this isn't it.
  • Simon
    Bit strange how my one star rating hasn't been added to this vid. Does that mean that the star ratings aren't to be trusted?
  • Rularey
    [quote:] There really is a markets for a concise and detailed tutorial on writing and producing contemporaneity Drum and Bass music, but this isn't it. [/quote] and I for one am in that market, and thoroughly saddened to hear that there is nothing in this video that covers the above. Tip to MacProVideo: Make an entire tutorial video on creating beats (specifically for me, how to use the amen break) in DnB and ignore all the waffle present in this video, and I will buy it outright.
  • DannyD
    Alright guys, I just watched what is available for DnB videos and think it's enlightening. I'm a DJ - mostly minimal, electro, Progressive House and some DnB The narrator knows his stuff and gives lots of useful tips and a window into the DnB production process. I would like more on creating the drum rhythms. The bass section was fine. Maybe you guys didn't watch the ES2 video? That one is good for learning how to create all types of sounds. Once I got the basics of the ES2 and synthesis it is easier to recreate sounds I want to. The vocal section and pads was good. Would like to see the piano roll open for the sections on the pad sounds - but it's not a deal breaker for me. I will give it 4 stars so far. Still waiting for and will reserve full judgmnet until the next 1/3 of the tutorial is released. Danny
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: