macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ryan
    Bass effect in logic
    I would really like to know how to do this rolling baseline in logic. It's like a pitch bend or something. [url]http://www.ryanlindberg.com/bass.wav[/url] Any tutorials showing this? Thanks :)
  • Ryan
    Re: Bass effect in logic
    Anyone?
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Ryan, just had a quick listen and it sounds like there's a few things going on. It sounds like the root sound is a square wave and as for the sweeping pitch of the square wave, it sounds as though there is a saw tooth wave oscillating the pitch. Give me a couple of days and I'll see how close I can get to the sound and then I'll see about putting up the project to do it. In the meantime, have a play with the ES2 as that's what I'll be using to get it! Cheers, John
  • Cajypiu
    trigger finger oops!
  • Ryan
    Thank you!
  • Ryan
    Any Luck?
  • Christian L
    Hi Ryan, I did a quick Logic project with an ES2 to get a similar effect. I did the first part with an LFO and the other part (when the beat starts) with pitch bending. You can download the Logic 9 project here : [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/qr5zkl[/url] I hope it will help you achieve the sound your aiming for! Cheers!
  • Ryan
    thank you very much for doing this. :) It was very informative just looping it and watching all the automations.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, so sorry I've not been able to sort this out in time! I've been on location for the past few weeks and completely zonked by the time I get home to be honest! Good work Christian! Interesting how different people do different things! I was imagining using an envelope on pitch 123 instead of programming the notes but the way you have done it allows flexibility of not being tied to a pitch decay time! Bravo. Cheers, John
  • Christian L
    Great, I'm glad it was useful to you Ryan! :) YADJ, in fact I used LFO 1 on pitch 123 for the first part. That LFO 1 can go fast! Pitch bending was easier but I guess you could do the same with an envelope. Cheers! :) Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: