macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Saxyxee
    Problem with Apple Loops Browser
    I can't seem to get the loop browser in Logic 9 to separate out my imported loop collections within it's browser. I have various 3rd party collections kept within a samples folder in my home music folder, which I drag over into the browser. For example: I imported the DeepDownBeat2 disc I bought from audiobase.com - when I go to the browser and select it via the 'view' option, I get all the garageband loops in there as well. Basically, whatever I select in the view option, I seem to get the garageband loops thrown. I fixed permissions, and re-indexed, and for a blissful nanosecond or two, it was showing only what I requested, but now again, is showing the garageband loops. This makes the browser pretty pointless and it's really frustrating me! Any ideas - please don't tell me it's another Logic bug! Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Problem with Apple Loops Brows...
    Hi Pandora, I've just double-checked my Loop Browser in Logic 9 and it behaves as expected when filtering out results for the included and third-party libraries I have on my system. (Logic 9.0.2 and OSX 10.5.8). Can you remind me what version of OSX and Logic you are running please. Thanks Rounik
  • Saxyxee
    Hi Rounik I'm on 10.6.1 and running Logic 9.0.2. The browser in garageband behaves the same way also ... can't get the filters to filter. I have Logic installed loops in the default install position, and third party loops in a Samples folder in my user Music folder. They go there first and then I simply drag them over into logic. Aliases of these appear in my home folder/library/audio/apple loops/user loops. I seem to have an Apple Loops Index folder in both my main and home library. Perplexing...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pandora, Thanks for detailed info. There is an Apple Loops folder (and index folder) in the system level and your Home folder level. That's fine. Logic/GB install the standard Apple Loops in the main library. All users accounts can access these. The apple loops in your home library are designed for 3rd party apple loops (or your own) and can only be accessed by your user account. I would try deleting the aliases in home folder/library/audio/apple loops/user loops and trashing the user level index and moving the 3rd party loops inside the above location. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Saxyxee
    Cor blimey, you're good at this! That worked a treat. Really, thank you so much Rounik All the best :) Pandora
  • Rounik Admin
    [i]Cor blimey, you're good at this! That worked a treat.[/i] :) Thanks for the kind words Pandora! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: