macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Buying Logic 9 soonish
    Hey chaps, am just about to make the upgrade to Logic 9, have just a couple of questions; I live in Japan, and bought Logic 8 over here, but am thinking of purchasing the Logic 9 upgrade from Amazon.co.uk. Are there any compatibility issues when purchasing Logic from a different country? Also, have all the major bugs been ironed out of Logic 9 yet? Cheers Lads John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Buying Logic 9 soonish
    Hi John, As long as you purchase an upgrade version I believe you should be fine with an upgrade from UK. There are still some bugs in Logic 9. Which 'major' ones were you hoping had been squashed by the updates? :) Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Which bugs? Only the ones which cause your mac to melt permanantly or somthing equally dramatic!! Cheers for the advice, I'm looking forward to this.
  • Rounik Admin
    lol. Well, the most serious bug (seemingly affects L8 users as well) is the 'blast of white noise' issue. But hasn't affected me and as I say it's been reported by L8 users so... couldn't say it's specifically a Logic issue. Aside from that, Sculpture: No string animation and morph vectors are a bit funky. CAF files in UB... not sure if that is fixed yet. Generally I'm pretty happy and love the fact I can switch back to Logic 8 if needs be - though I haven't needed to! :) Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Excellent. cheers Rounik. Oh and one more question,are all the old software presets and legacy instruments all present?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup they are indeed. Though I would always recommend every user to backup/clone their Mac or important files and presets and CS settings, templates and key commands before emarking on an upgrade. :o) Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Cheers for the advice, which is the best way to back up/clone everything? Embarrasingly I've actually never tried it before
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, I like to clone my entire system. This way if anything was to go amiss then I can transfer the clone back to my Mac and I can even boot up using the clone if I wish. For this I use Carbon Copy Cloner (free). Others use SuperDuper (small fee) - so do take your pick :) Aside from that, Time Machine is very useful!! Either way, it's important to have an external hard drive you can use for this purpose. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Excellent stuff, cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: