macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tozyboy
    LP9 missing exs24 sample content problem
    Hi, I just upgraded from LP8 to LP9, all works fine, except that I seem to have trouble loading many of exs24 instruments from the media library, for example, non of the orchestral, world, N. American, S. American, and other samples are found by exs24, and don't seem to have been installed on my system, many of the garageband content is missing as well. I did a custom install of the instruments from the main LP9 installer disc, but it doesn't look like it is installing the (wav,aiff) content that is missing. i.e. when it asks me to insert the jam pack discs, it goes through them pretty fast, (around 5-10 seconds), and then asks me to insert the next disc, which indicates it is not loading the (wav,aiff) samples from these discs. I have also deleted LP8, and LP preferences, and re-did a custom re-install of LP9, just to double check, but that did not solve the issue. The Garageband sampler content shows only 3.4 GB sample content, instead of 13 GB , so there is an issue with adding the additional Garageband content, that I'm guessing the LP9 installer needs to add to the original 3.4 GB content. The Jam Pack Apple loops (.caf files) have been installed successfully on a second internal HD. and function as they should, with no issues. How can I solve this problem ? Any experts know what could be causing this ? Some assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: LP9 missing exs24 sample conte...
    Hi Muziksculp, Where did you instruct Logic to place the samples and extra content during installation? Was it in the default location? Where was your existing extra content? :) Rounik
  • Tozyboy
    [quote:]Hi Muziksculp, Where did you instruct Logic to place the samples and extra content during installation? Was it in the default location? Where was your existing extra content? :) Rounik[/quote] Hi Rounik, During my last install test, I instructed Logic to place all content, Jam Pack apple loops, and instruments on my main HD (the default location). Actually, the installer does not offer install location options for the instruments, but rather only for the Apple Loops. Although, during the first install of LP9 I instructed the installer to put the Jam Pack Loops on a second internal HD. Which was done properly, the Apple loops played fine. (just had to re-index them by dragging them to the Loop browser). The problem is that many of the the exs24 instruments (Sample files, wav. and aiff) that are missing, i.e. all orchestral, world, most of the guitars, ...etc. It has been three days I'm trying to sort this out, with no success. Even called Apple support, but so far I can't seem to install all the sample content successfully. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... that's strange. Would you be willing to backup all your important files, presets, sampler instruments and key commands and then wipe Logic from your system and re-install from scratch? Apple have a web document on how to uninstall Logic 8. I imagine this should be similar for Logic 9. [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375[/url] Let me know if you need any help on backing up your personal Logic related settings and presets etc before following this route. Cheers Rounik
  • Tozyboy
    Yes, I tried that, (as instructed by Apple Pro support tech.) but that did not help. All LP8 receipts, and LP8 application have been deleted, including the prefrences. I don't need to back up any LP related settings or presets. I am fine working with LP9 from scratch. So far, I can't seem to solve the missing exs24 content issue in LP9.
  • Rounik Admin
    Your profile states you are running OS 10.4.10.... I'm guessing you're actually running a more recent version of OSX?
  • Tozyboy
    Running OSX-Leopard (10.5.8)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Musiksculp, I would try using Pacifist to manually extract the missing files. [url]http://www.charlessoft.com/[/url] I haven't personally tried this but remember that a couple of users had similar issues a while back... Another option is, if possible, to install Logic 9 completely on a separate machine and see if it installs all the EXS24 content or not. If it does you can copy it over to your main Mac. Cheers Rounik
  • Tozyboy
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know on which LP9 install discs the exs24 (wav, aiff) content resides ? and Does Pacifist allow me to extract the files directly from these discs ? Well, anyway, I think it might be a good idea to move forward to OSX-Snow Leopard, and possibly use a new HD, since I would like to use a larger Main MacOS HD. I will backup important data, replace my current main OS-HD, with a new larger HD, and install OSX-SL. Then try to install LP9 on OSX-SL, and see how that goes as far as getting all the instrument contents installed on my system. Cheers.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs. I haven't personally used Pacifist to do this, but apparently you can extract the files straight from the disc... I should mention that I'm running 10.5.8 and Logic 8 and 9 without any issue accessing EXS24 content. I would recommend using an external HD as a boot disk (install Leo or SL on it) and then install the full Logic to see if that helps at all. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: