macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Reverse plugin?
    Hey there was wondering in Logic if there is an effect plugin that can reverse the sound of a track? (like your spinning a record backwards on a turntable) same effect a cd-j turntable has.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Reverse plugin?
    This is usually a good site to check out for plugins: [url]http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/audiounits.html[/url] Turntablist is pretty cool. Also you can use Logic 9 to reverse the audio file and then use the speed-in/out fades to create a record player style speed/fade in/out. :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    Oh Logic 8 user here.
  • Cajypiu
    +1 for turntabalist.... or bounce your tracks to a stereo file and load it in to an EXS24 instrument. You will then have access to the tick box reverse function and the pitch bend to speed up/ slow down the whole track to give you a similar kind of thing. Depends on whether you want to do it love or not really?? Cheers, John
  • Segejee
    What about a reverse plug -in? Maybe I wanna apply it to a sub-mix bus to only affect a group of channels?
  • Rounik Admin
    Check out this plugin: [url]http://www.sfxmachine.com/backwards_machine/index.html[/url] To apply it to a sub mix place it on the Aux channel. Alternatively, bounce down the sub mix after applying the backwards machine to it. :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    When I tried to import a song in the EXS 24 I got a message saying that the sample is too long. So how would I be able to do what YADJ said?
  • Cajypiu
    that's interesting. What format and length of sample is it you are working with?
  • Segejee
    well songs can last from 3 to 10 minutes typically. So if I decided to import a song into the exs 24 would be nice to do that and trigger the reverse function via button or a key on midi keyboard.
  • Rounik Admin
    You don't mention the audio format (wave, aiff, caf, etc) or bit depth (16, 24 bit) or sample rate (44.1, 48, etc). But if that's all you're looking to do, you can bounce the file to audio. In the Sample editor choose the reverse function and then save the audio file (it will be destructively altered). Now import that audio file into the EXS24 if you wish or play it back in the Arrange area. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: