macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Tutorial Recommendations for beginers
    Hi Guys, Think I was speaking to Rounik about this a few months back, Im looking to buy Tutorials to get the basics covered. I write chart music, I am a song writer but my knowledge on Logic Express,Pro isnt great. I can build a song and just about get by but I get stuck a lot because Ive never learned the actual basics. So Im looking to buy some tutorials to help me along, Im just not so sure which Tutorial is right for me......
  • JamieInNC
    Re: Tutorial Recommendations for b...
    Logic, Honestly, I must recommend subscribing. For $25 a month it is by far the most cost efficient means of getting whatever it is you need from the videos. If you are looking for portability and foresee problems accessing them over internet connections, then perhaps buying them is more for you. As far as which tutorials are right for you, ALL of them are... There are some really amazing things you can do with this program, and the folks running the show here have thus far been MORE than helpful with particular problems I've had working through projects. At first, I was thinking about subscribing, grabbing all I could from the videos, and then heading out. I decided, however, that I will remain a subscriber for a year or two at least, considering the fact that I've consumed well more than $25 worth of tutorials and online help in just the past three weeks I've been a member! You'll see that subscribing allows you to view ALL of the logic videos dating back to version 7, so you can pick and choose which ones to watch based upon your specific needs. You'll also find yourself becoming addicted to all the cool stuff Pro does. I work 3-5 hours a day on tutorials, research, and writing/arranging music, on top of my job and other domestic things everyone finds themselves doing daily. (Of course, the Pro environment has resulted in a heaping pile of clothes on my floor ready for washing...) What you decide really depends upon how much you put into it daily. I'd say subscribe... Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Jamie, Not much I can add to your comprehensive answer. But you have reminded me to put a load in the washing machine. Thanks! ;-) Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Wow are you in Sales??? You should be :) You make a good point and I do totally understand where your coming from but I think that avenue is best when Im a little more established. Knowing me as a person Il get over loaded with all the options and never truly focus on one point. This is why I wanna get the basics covered first, just the essentials and when Im no longer getting caught up in un necessary beginners confusion I would really be into what you've suggested. And also I am intending on getting Logic Pro soon so again your suggestion would be ideal but right now I just wanna combat some earlier things before I distract myself with all the special extra tricks... Im only replying now cos domestic food shopping and looking after a 1 year old kept me a lil too busy :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, If I were in your position I would go straight for the Core Logic: Logic 9 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] It's over 7 hours long and extremely comprehensive IMHO. The best place to start. Then depending on the type of music you want to create (whether you'll be working mainly with audio or MIDI) take a look at the synth tutorials or perhaps the Masterclass / Flex Time and TNT1 & 2. :) Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Yeah maybe this is the one I was looking at before. Seems to be the right one for me. Im on Logic Express for the time being, do you think its suitable as a guide even though Im not using logic pro just yet?? thanks again Shane
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shane, Definitely! The feature set between Logic Pro and Logic Express is not massively different. Everything in the tutorial is applicable to users of Logic Express and Pro. :) Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Oh right that's great then Il go for that, and it will also be useful for when I get Logic Pro 9 in the new year as well I guess! thanks again for your help on this
  • Logic Express
    Im downloading it now :) Do you know of any of other more specialized tutorials I may benefit from Rounik as a (somewhat beginner) Im also looking to brush up on recording vocals, using compression and mastering...again Il be buying logic 9 in the new year so wanna get educated on the points Ive mentioned above.. Thanks Shane
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shane, Well... You'll learn about recording & editing audio and MIDI in the Logic 101. The Flex time tutorial may be of great interest, and it's something you can utilise in both Express and Pro 9. The 201 Logic Masterclass is great. I love the 202 Plugins Unplugged. But I should mention that it was created using Logic 7. As a result the aesthetic appearance of the plugins differs from the plugins in Logic 8/9 - but aside from that the concepts and know-how gained from this tut on compression, etc is great! Check out the previews once you crack open Logic and see if it suits you. Mixing tutorials will be important. Although I tend to make ambient, glitch and other styles I learned alot from the Mixing Electronica (one of my faves!) and the Mixing RnB. There is a great Mixing Pop in Pro Tools, which I'd recommend once you are more comfortable with Logic. Even though it's shot in Pro Tools, the concepts can be easily applied to Logic. The Logic's Mastering Toolbox is essential if you want to learn how to Master in Logic.... Then... ... you can see I'm not going to stop recommending each and every tutorial! ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: