macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Re: Tutorial Recommendations for b...
    Cool thanks for all that and yeah Im sure you could go on all day and Id be happy for you to, in a perfect world where money grew on tree's and the sun shinned in Ireland once a decade! Can u tell me a little about the flex time tutorial Rounik?? I think Id be into the Mixing Pop as well since my music is pop (but credible pop) I swear it is!!! ;) My only worry is the Pro Tools format might confuse me up a bit. The mastering tool box is another Id really be into but then a lot of people tell me you really need to be sending your tracks of to people who do mastering as a trade, online... Im actually about to start sending some tracks off but the down side is they master ur stuff in their style which can be good and bad but if you can master on your own then its your ear! So many questions Rounik so many!! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    lol! Of course... well, Flex time/tool: Imagine you record say some drums or a guitar. Once recorded you realise that one of the notes is out of time... So, you could re-record, even punch-in to overwrite only that piece... or record multiple takes, so you can comp your best performances.... or use the flex tool to place that bum note in the right place, while the rest of the performance stays put. Easier to understand by seeing it in action: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicfirstlook[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9104[/url] Click on 'Launch player' and you'll be able to see the first 10 videos of any tutorial! Yes, I agree about the Mixing in Pop. Mastering is always done better by professional Mastering Engineers. But remember the usual process is: Record : Arrange : Mix : Master Mixing is where a lot of people make mistakes that can't be fixed in Mastering. The Mixing RnB - Might be right up your street... it's essentially pop in this case. Check it out first to see what you think. Then, yes, Mastering is an art as well as a science. Most of us are concerned with getting our tracks loud and punchy enough - ala commercial CD quality etc. The tutorial will give you plenty of theory and practical info on Logic's plugins for mastering including the Copression, dynamics, EQ and final output options. Having said all this, I'd recommend going through the Core Logic 101. We're talking about 7 hours of excellent training... IMHO it's easy to follow yet packed with a lot of essential beginner and intermediate tips. You'll have a better idea of what you need after watching the 101. :) Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Great stuff Il look at the links and get a better idea cos I think I know what your talking about alright. And I do think the 101 will gel a lot of things for me together that when Im questioning further tutorials Il at least know what Im asking about! Thanks for the info about the mastering to, sounds like such a craft!!! Im putting a lot of time into mixing actually, hours....so thats another one Im passionate about perfecting!! I wish I could connect a usb cable into my brain and get 10 years of soft ware experience in 15 seconds hahahaha! In a perfect world again! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:]I wish I could connect a usb cable into my brain and get 10 years of soft ware experience in 15 seconds hahahaha! In a perfect world again![/quote] Yeah... we'll be adding that feature in a future version of NEDi for iPhone ;-) If you have any other questions at all, do ask away :) Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Aha your already designing it, good stuff :) Yeah thanks mate, il know more what I want after sometime with old Ned here and core 101! Thanks ;) Shane
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: