macProVideo.com
Forums
  • lib
    3rd party plugins not working after archive and install
    hi, i have a few 3rd party plugins in my logic pro, such as all the native instruments, waves diamond, ik multimedia plugins, atmosphere and a few more, i was getting an error on my g5 when i tried to run diskwarrior from the disk. it was the kernal panic message, it said i had to restart my mac, therefore i couldnt run diskwarrior from disk. i did a bit of research and a few people suggested doing a archive install, so i did. well what do you know, i had to re-install logic 8 again. other programmes such as transcribe, itunes idvd imovie etc were ok. but logic didnt load up, o i had to re-install logic again, also before i did that i checked to see if my 3rd party plugin were working in standalone, so i check all the native instruments and they seemed to work ok, T-racks deluxe works fine, so i thought they should all load up in logic. once logic was installed again and had to get all the updates all my 3rd party plugins did not show up on my AU validation. is there a way to get logic to see my 3rd party plugins or do i have to re-install all of them again. cheers for the help lib
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 3rd party plugins not working ...
    Hi lib, I would reinstall your 3rd party plugins again. Or revert to your backup... if you did clone your system before? Before you try that, open Logic and check in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Units Manager. Here you can ask Logic to reset and rescan the selection of AU's. You don't mention what version of OSX you are running btw. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 3rd party plugins not working ...
    Hi lib, Another thought. Have you checked that the 3rd party plugins are in the correct location? You should find them here: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components or User/*home folder/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: