macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Core 101 Tutorial Relevance for older Logic Programmes
    Im using an older Logic Express and recently purchased logic Core 101 Tutorial but Im finding there has obviously been a lot of advances made up to Logic 9 and this Tutorial for me maybe not be so relevant for the older logic. Should I bother looking through it and try cope with the differences the tutorial points out being more directed at logic 9....or is it not that different and the changes are not too massive.... I don't wanna run the risk of confusing myself more with this tutorial if its aimed more at logic 9 and Im on logic 7!!!! Thanks
  • Logic Express
    Re: Core 101 Tutorial Relevance fo...
    I am also gonna be up grading to 9 in the new year....should I leaving the tutorial till then or shoot ahead now if the tutorial is still pretty universal from older logics to the newer ones??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey! I didn't realise you had an older version of Logic Express. Which version do you have? 6/7? There were a lot of changes from 7 to 8 and some small refinements and extra features from 8 to 9. You can always prepare by watching the tutorial before you upgrade, but if you are using your current version and it's confusing you then it really depends on what is comfortable for you. Thanks Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Yeah I have 7!! I thought I mentioned it. Maybe I told you the last time we were speaking a few months back. I just noticed somethings like Environment seemed a lot different, holding down on a track to name it doesn't happen for me as it happens on the tutorial, or other little things. I aware, at least, that Im not doing these things wrong its just my version isn't capable of certain things. Im just worried now that there updates are so radical that the tutorial won't hold any relevance to me. Thats why I was wondering will I bother even studying the tutorial or wait till I get Logic 9 in the new year
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahh... I don't think you did tell me the version of Logic Express you've got... If you did mention it recently, I completely missed it. Sorry! Yes, there were a lot of interface, workflow and GUI changes between version 7 and 8/9. You may find it useful to watch the tutorial to get a grounding on what to expect when you pick up Logic 9 in a month or if you find it confuses you, then I'd wait until you've ordered Logic 9. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: