macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JamieInNC
    Yet another Ultrabeat Question...
    Hah! Sorry guys. Can't seem to get away from the Ultrabeat questions. Anyway, I was checking out some of the neat things Steve did in the Masterclass series, particularly in #56 where he accessed a drum loop through the EXS24 and toyed with the cutoff and resonance via the transform window. Here's the issue and question: Say I wanted to use the EXS24 to do the same thing with a beat created in UB rather than use an Apple loop. I noticed quickly that the EXS24 does not include some of the UB kits as a preset. So if I chose the "Progressive House Kit" and built a beat using it, the lack of that kit as a preset in the EXS24 seems to render that synth as incapable. MIDI notes would simply activate completely different instruments based on the preset chosen within the EXS24. Is there any way for the EXS24 to consider all of the kits within UB for sample editing? Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Yet another Ultrabeat Question...
    Hi Jamie, Each voice in UB has it's own Cuttoff and resonance... so you could do this within UB without having to consider the EXS24. You could also slap an Autofilter effect on the UB channel strip, set the Threshold to -100% and play around with the Cuttoff and Resonance to effect all voices of the UB kit. You can actually create Sampler Instruments in the EXS24 and load them into UB - that's normally the direction users need to go in. However, for many of the UB kits you'll find their samples here: HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Ultrabeat Samples. so, for Progressive House Kit, locate the folder, select all the audio files and drag them into the EXS24's Instrument Editor window. Then select 'Contiguous Zones'. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: