macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dekuruy
    Logiconizer in Logic 8.0.2
    I've been searching for a way to create or import my own custom icons, similar to the way Martin showed us in Logic 105, #36-39. I'm trying to do this without Photoshop, and I saw some threads here about 'logiconizer', but it looks like it is only compatible with Logic 6 and 7. I don't want to download it if it won't work with Logic 8. Also, I really wanted to find a program (open source or free) that would enable me to do what Martin did in the above mentioned vids, without purchasing Photoshop. Logiconizer, even if it is compatible with LP8, only takes me part of the way towards doing what I would need to do. This is my first post, by the way, and I just wanted to thank everyone at MPV for all the great vids and resources. I was first able to start using Logic this past summer, and the vids I've purchased have made it so much easier to deal with the learning curve. Thanks a million!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logiconizer in Logic 8.0.2
    Hi agagag, Welcome to the forums & thanks for he kind words! :) I haven't used the Logiciconizer that I can remember. If you don't have Photoshop, then I'd recommend Gimp. It's free and has similar functionality. [url]http://www.gimp.org/[/url] Enjoy creating icons for Logic! :) Rounik
  • Dekuruy
    Hey Rounik! Thanks so much for the reply! When I woke up this morning, the idea came to me that if anyone had responded to my post, it would probably be you. In honor of your response, I first went to your 'randomizer' tutorials in TNT 2. Great stuff, and very thoroughly explained. As I continue to use and learn more about LP8, it gets easier to understand, and it's worth repeating here that the vids and forums are a great help along those lines. I've been experimenting with icons, and I thought I'd share what I've found, just in case someone else has a similar question. First off, I wound up being able to answer my own question about 'logiconizer'. It is not necessary to have it. However, the site where logiconizer can be downloaded from does have many excellent icons. All that has to be done is to follow Martin's instructions from the above mentioned Logic 105 tutorial. The icons on the site; [url]http://www.logicprofiles.com[/url] are all ready to be used in LP8. Most of them have transparent backgrounds and they are all 128x128 pixels. They are arranged by category, and I recommend following those categories to anyone who thinks they may download a lot of the icons from that site. This will help keep things organized. The icons should be renamed with numbers before they are put into the 'Icons' folder. The original name can be retained, but what is necessary is to start the name with a three digit number (not sure if it has to be a three digit number, but that is what was recommended on the logicprofiles site, and it did work for me that way) different than the ones already installed in LP8. Keep in mind that the new icons will appear in Logic in the order that they were numbered, for organizational purposes. Just to add something to Martin's instructions, which were for Logic 7 - if you installed LP8 and included the 'Legacy' content upon installation, then you'll have two folders in the 'Package Contents/Resources/Images/Icons' folder. One will say 'Icons', and the other, 'Legacy Icons'. Apple was pretty smart about numbering the new icons in LP8, because most of them have different numbers than the ones from 'Legacy'. So if you load the contents of the 'Legacy Icons' folder right into the LP8 'Icons' folder, you can have both sets at your disposal when using LP8. There were some duplicates, and I chose to not replace the new icons with the old 'Legacy Icons', of course, since in cases where there were duplicates, the LP8 icons were much improved over Logic 7's. If Logic is running when any new icons are loaded, you must quit out and re-open Logic for the newly added icons to appear. And, Rounik, I will be trying Gimp - I read a little about it today, and it looks like that's just what I was looking for. I just hope it's not too complicated, so I won't have to 'gimp' through learning it! Thanks, Adam
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adam, First off, many thanks again for your kind words and I'm really glad you found the TNT2 Randomizer tutorial useful (and all the Logic tutorials too)! I should post a link somewhere to a more advanced Effect Randomizer I created earlier this year... Yes, indeed, Logicprofiles.com is a great resource for Logic icons. All the info you've provided on icons for Logic is really great! Thanks again. If you need any help with Gimp, let us know. If you're not familiar with Photoshop then do check out the Help section for Gimp here: [url]http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/[/url] Best Rounik
  • Dekuruy
    Many thanks Rounik for your good work. I'd love to see that Effect Randomizer. Let me know if you post a link. Take care, Adam
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! I'll post it sometime this week. I'll create a sticky thread which will be at the top of the Logic Pro & Logic Express forum :) Rounik
  • Dekuruy
    That's great, Rounik! I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks, Adam
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adam I've posted the Note-on effect randomizer environment here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=22544[/url] Hope you enjoy using it! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: