macProVideo.com
Forums
  • definfected
    help with tempo
    You guys rock with Logic. I need to find the tempo of an imported audio file (song). How exactly would I do that? I'm using Logic Pro 9. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: help with tempo
    Hi definfected, Thanks for the kind words :) In Logic 9 import the audio file into the Arrange area. Then with the region selected choose Audio > Detect Tempo... or Options > Tempo > Adjust tempo using beat detection... or cut a perfect 4 bar loop (that is 4 bars of the region - not 4 bars relating to Logic's grid). Set the cycle locators to 4 bars of Logic's grid and choose Options > Tempo > Adjust Tempo using region length and locators :) Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Re: help with tempo
    ... or, on the channel strip of the audio track in question, insert a BPM counter plugin from the metering section. If it is electronic music, the BPM rarely varies and as a result, I tend to use a tap tempo widget to roughly get my way there. If it is a live recording and you want to preserve the subtle timing changes, then creating a tempo grid is the way forward. Cheers, John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: