macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Leon
    Thicker sound
    Hey guys was wondering if you had any idea how to make sounds bigger without adding another layer. I would normally do that but the sound i want will totally be changed. but its sounds so thin and tingy like a crappy cowbell ( it's a bell like synth) Thanks for all the help :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Thicker sound
    Hey Crazee Raff! It sounds like you have two issues here: The frequency of the sound itself and the width. If you need more bass, try adding that using Channel EQ... or even the Sub bass plugin. If the width of the sound is not enough, the Ensemble or Chorus effect applied lightly may do the trick. Light delay and reverb can also add more presence to a sound. Difficult to know without hearing the sound first.. but experiment with these plugins and see if that gives the desired effect. Oh, and layering the sound and adjusting the delay by a few ticks can also thicken it. :) Rounik
  • Leon
    Hey Rounik thanks a ton the best solution was to move it a 5 ticks down :) and i did some parallel compression as well Thanks again for all the help
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Crazee Raff, as Rounik said and as you found out, delay layers just a small amount can make a massive difference. Another good thickener is a stereo tune up tune down effect. You have your bell synth on one track. Leave it panned at 12 o'clock. Then, copy the track two more times. Pan one full right and the other full left. Pitch shift one of them 3 cents up and the other 3 cents down... kind of adds a stereo shimmer. You can experiment with different tuning amounts to get different effects too :) Another wicked little trick I've seen used here and there is to put the sound in a sampler. Transpose the tuning of the sound using the number entry box just to the top left of the tuning dial, and then adjust the tuning dial by an equal but opposite amount. For example, transpose box = -12 and the tune dial = +12. The sound has changed. Blend that with the original track and hey presto... thicker :) Cheers, John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: