macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 upgrade problems
    Oh I should mention there's very little Apple can do if the issue is the Mbox driver... It's really down to Digi to supply an update... which as you say sounds like it would require you to upgrade to version 8! If you have decided that you don't wish to run PT any longer or you wish to stay on the current version and definitely want to upgrade to SL, I would do this: - On an external HD install a Leopard System and install Pro Tool M 7.x - Purchase a new audio interface and use it with Logic on your main system running Snow Leopard. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Mobajii
    What audio interfaces would you recommend that wouldn't run into this problem in the future? It seems digi is always behind on these issues. Shelling another 150 for software I don't ever use seems unreasonable. I would like to have an interface with as good pres and similar inputs and outputs. Focusrite has always called my attention.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, Sure. I understand what you're saying. Focusrite have a good reputation. A few questions to help us narrow down your needs: 1. What's your budget? 2. How many Ins and Outs do you need? How many XLR inputs? 3. Would you prefer preamps included in the interface? 4. Do you need MIDI in/out? 5. How many instruments/inputs will you be recording simultaneously? Thanks Rounik
  • Mobajii
    1. What's your budget? I would say 400-500. 2. How many Ins and Outs do you need? How many XLR inputs? Only need two ins at most and couple of outs. 3. Would you prefer preamps included in the interface? Yes I prefer to have decent preamps in the interface. 4. Do you need MIDI in/out? Yes I do alot of midi programming. 5. How many instruments/inputs will you be recording simultaneously? Usually only record a guitar or bass track one at a time. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alex, I'd recommend the Apogee Duet or Uno if you don't mind switching inputs. On the Duet the premaps are Very Nice and the device is sweet. 2 ins , 2 outs, portable. Only thing is it doesn't have MIDI in/out. You could though get a USB to MIDI device like the M-Audio MidiSport. Otherwise Focusrite are good, MOTU Ultralite also has a good reputation... :) Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Awesome the Apogee duet is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool. I love my Apogee Duet :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: