macProVideo.com
Forums
  • brezerkr
    logic 9 upgrade; ensemble, presonus too?
    now that i have upgraded to logic 9 will i be able to use my ensemble(apogee) and my presonus firepod at the same time?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: logic 9 upgrade; ensemble, pre...
    Hi brezerkr In what way do you wish to use the ensemble and firepod simultaneously? In Logic 9 you can now use the input from one device and the output from another in the Preferences > Audio [Devices] area. :) Rounik
  • brezerkr
    i want to use all 8 xlr ins on the fire pod, and the only 4xlr ins on the ensemble, using ensemble as the main out to computer. in other words 12 live mics running simultaniously to 12 tracks....can i?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi brezekr, Unless there is any specific limitation imposed by the hardware device itself or the manufacturers then this was possible in Logic 8 by creating an aggregate device: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] :) Rounik
  • brezerkr
    I've never even had to consider it, till i put an add on craigslist for "quick easy mobile recording", and a ska band recently responded . So to say i appreciate your time, in showing me to this link is an understatement . thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem!! Do test it out as much as possible before the band come over... Enjoy the Ska recording session! Best Rounik
  • brezerkr
    doing it now ,3 days till ska,YOU ROCK
  • brezerkr
    HEADS UP! the techs at apogeee do not recomend aggregation . a few hours into my exp. and my system crashed and now maestro ,ensemble, and my core audio ,dont want to get together and communicate. working on the fix now, no biggie time wise, and i can bust the horn section down to a sub mix with another board....i will post the techs solution and what occurred in my system when i have it all back together again...more to come.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Bezerkr, just a thought. What outputs do you bave on the firepod? If the ensemble doesn't support aggregating you could utilise the ADAT input on the ensemble. That's how I set mine up with my Octopre. You have to be careful with what's clocked to what digitally so that everything is running on the same sample rate and that they mesh together accordingly, but that's reasonably straight forward in the advanced tab in Maestro. Let us know if you need a hand. Cheers, John
  • brezerkr
    that was actually the way i was considering doing things originally, but having no knowledge of the aggregate device function i saw it as a learning opp.unfortunatly now, the ensemble is bunk, it wont connect or recognize my g5 ,unplugged ,rebooted , as if maestro (ensemble software control) has left the computer and the ensemble blinks in sad hysteria,my audio midi utility still shows the presonus device ,and will connect, but its as if the ensemble never existed,and i cant get them back together.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: