macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: logic 9 upgrade; ensemble, pre...
    Hi breserkr Sorry to hear that. Didn't realist the Ensemble does not play ball with agg device. Have you deleted the agg device you setup in AudioMIDI Setup? then try rebooting and replig in the Ensemble... Best Rounik
  • brezerkr
    yes. thats the bitch of it, in my audio midi set up window, the presonus still lists in the devices but the ensemble does not, no trace of it any where. The apogee tech has said latency differences caused signals to phase irregularly resulting in this anomaly. my macbook opens and runs this machine just fine as it did b4 , only the g5 is effected.....more to come
  • Cajypiu
    Hummm... that does sound odd. I take it you have tried just connecting the ensemble to the G5 by itself? Having not tried running my apogee on my now defunct G5, are there specific drivers for Intel and G5 machines? Have you triple checked your driver/ OS compatibility for both devices? I'd be trashing preferences/ reinstalling drivers here myself to see if it will get up and running again. Are there software differences between your macbook and G5? Although aggregate devices normally work fine, under these circumstances I would always assign one sound card as the master, and connect that with firewire and bridge the other inputs digitally for what it's worth. Do you have any external hard drives connected as well come to think of it? Just thinking about what your firewire bus is doing sharing wise. Time machine is also generally a bad idea to having kicking in automatically during recording and mixing as well. Have you connected devices using ADAT before? Need any steps or pointers? Cheers, John
  • brezerkr
    all and all, it was worth the learning exp. the issue caused by differing sample rates , latency etc. essentially just confused the machine(for lack of tech jargon)by uninstalling, then reinstalling ensembles 2009 update it sorted it self out and runs fine . now to start looking into the adat outs. thanks for the help......conclusion; ensemble doesnt play nice with its nieghbors
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Brezerkr, Glad to hear you got the G5 sorted out. Would have been very odd if reinstalling the driver hadn't worked! So, looks like Apogee products don't do aggregating. I knew that about my Duet, but am surprised the higher end models don't support this. Good look with the ADAT solution & enjoy the Ska :) Rounik
  • Tim
    Hi guys, just digging this old thread up as I'm trying to get an Behringer ADA8000 working with my Ensemble in Logic 9. I've connected all the cables (ADAT) but as I've never worked with ADAT in my life I'm not sure how to set this up in Maestro and Logic. I want to use the first 4 pre's in the ADA8000 (the inputs are automatically routed to the ADAT out - so I'm told). Can anyone give me some instructions on how to configure Maestro and Logic so I get all these extra ADA8000 pre's coming through? Much thanks in advance.
  • Tim
    I sussed it out - it was a thing in the maestro mixer - where under each channel it says 'inf' I changed it to 0db an it works. Must say the Maestro manual is rather underwhelming.
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad you sussed it Tim and thanks for posting the solution. Would be nice if the Maestro manual was a bit fuller ;-) Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Kia Ora Ciao! read the manual is what people always say, yet they aren't always that comprehensive hence why places like here rule! I must admit it took me a couple of setups to get my ensemble to work with my octopre and getting things to clock how it all should. Incidentally, something it doesn't say in the manual yet is something that has been recommended to me is to try and use the BNC clock connector if you can. That is, use the BNC connectors to clock your adat device. In addition, where possible, use the apogee clock over the external clock and you configure that in Maestro as well. The ADAT or SPDIF signals can just be used for the audio signal as you get a more stable and jitterless clock source this way. If you can't use that setup, i.e. the external source doesn't have a BNC connector for example, it's not the end of the world, just that it isn't as optimum. Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey John, Good to see you again! Nice advice too. Take it easy mate... Hope all is well :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: