macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Share your Logic Environments ...
    Hi Didier, Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortauntely, sendspace seem to delete the uploaded files after a certain number of weeks/months. I've uploaded them to Box.net (see my post on Jun 5 '10 @ 10:32am PDT) and that should be a more reliable link! This is all "in the meantime" until we upgrade our forum area ;-) Hope you enjoy Random Nature 2. Let me know your thoughts and any suggestions/constructive criticsm. Thanks! Rounik
  • Pokatiu
    Hi everyone! thanks so much for sharing the environments... the randomizer 2 is brillant respect
  • Rounik Admin
    Ciao Italian in Moscow, (I love the name & welcome to the forums!) Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the Random Nature 2 Environment. It was fun to design and make. If you're interested, I showed how to create a simpler randomizer in Steve H's Logic TNT2 in the March episode. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9303tnt2[/url] Stai bene, Rounik
  • Pokatiu
    yeah Rounik I already checked it and it amazed me... i still have to connect the cables in my head' s environment tough..))) stai bene anche tu! keep in touch!
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha! I know what you mean. unraveling the cables in Logic's Environment can take a little time... but when it all comes together and begins to make sense it's very cool... keep going with the TNT 1, 2 and 3... and of course we're here to help in any way we can if you have any questions :) R
  • Vinomuu
    Scale Remapper
    Hello people, here's my Scale Remapper macro. The idea came about from wanting to try out scales and modes I don't normally use and learn their sound, without having to memorize them on the keyboard first. Not being a keyboard player, this can come in handy in situations where you just want to improvise on a certain scale or mode without having to worry about playing "wrong" notes. This still requires that you to learn the mappings, but these are easy as they remain the same no matter what key you're in. For the sake of completeness, I decided to include scales which are already quite easy to play/memorize (the whole tone scale, for example). Mappings go like this: 8-note scales = C major scale plus the A# key (all other keys unmapped) 7-note scales = C major scale (all white keys, black keys unmapped) 6-note scales* = C major scale minus the B key (all other keys unmapped) 5-note scales = C# (Db) pentatonic scale (5th mode of the Eb minor pentatonic...All black keys, white keys unmapped) *Also included the blues scale as part of 6-note scales, and the mapping is the same as the pentatonics except for an added G key for the "blue note". The mappings cover the C-2 to G8 range. Keep this in mind if you use key switches mapped chromatically. You can always unpack the macro and change the range of the chord memorizer objects within if you need to. So basically you choose a scale type, a scale/mode, and the root key. To keep it simpler, transposition of root keys only goes up (If you need to transpose down to some other key use the octave buttons in your keyboard). I've added an On/Off switch so that you can go back to being a real musician every once in a while, plus a keyboard monitor that shows which notes are actually coming out. Uses: Great for brainless keyboard improvisation and experimenting with polytonal sequencing. Learning the sound of scales and their modes without much effort Attached is a project file (done in logic 9) which includes the scale remapper in its own layer. Easiest is to just save the project as a template so you don't have to reconnect the macro (if you decide to import the layer to another project). Note: This is intended for live input so it does not adapt notes on MIDI regions to any scales. Finally, if you have the time and motivation, learn to play the piano properly!! Enjoy! [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/5112370809_996352dd98_b.jpg[/img] Get it here: http://www.box.net/shared/gz0cu0yqpl J.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for sharing your very cool Scale Remapper Jordito!! Much appreciated :)
  • Vimadeu
    Ok, This is basically what I want to be able to do but: - I want to be able to apply it to regions - I want to be able to expand the number of modes available. Can we keep on exploring this subject? How can I get into the environment level in order to understand how this scale remapper works? Wonderful to have help on this! Thanks to all of you! Christopher (and not Christian!)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Christopher, Could you post your reply in the original thread where we started the conversation. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=29044[/url] This thread we're in currently contains lots of different uploaded Environments available for all to share... so it might get confusing to continue the conversation here... :) Thanks :) Rounik
  • Rularey
    Korg NanoPad XY Pad Environment
    I created an environment in Logic for use with the XY Pad. You can download it here: [url]http://tinyurl.com/24a7b5s[/url] Any questions or comments just let me know.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: