macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Share your Logic Environments ...
    Thanks for sharing Roy!! :)
  • lyghtningrod
    I've made this Visual Metronome to answer the challenge. I added a third function, so you can chose Lights, Sound or Both. There are several things not quite right yet. For instance, it doesn't switch until it gets to beat one. Also, there is a doubling of a note under certain circumstances. But it's a WIP. Screen set Two calls up the environment. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1YBWNRN Hook the MIDI click to the Visual Metronome macro, connect the Macro out to the Klopfgeist channel strip and you're good to go. Got any other cool challenges, Rounik?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey lyghtningrod!! This is great. I hadn't thought about having three modes: - Sound only - Both (lights and sound) - Lights only Nice job! any other challenges... hmmm... well I was building a 16-Step Sequencer in Logic's Environment a couple of months back, which is on hold until I get some time... ;-)
  • lyghtningrod
    [quote]any other challenges... hmmm... well I was building a 16-Step Sequencer in Logic's Environment a couple of months back, which is on hold until I get some time...[/quote] Sounds intriguing. Tell me more... and I can't get the quote function to work :(
  • Kyjocuy
    I was a kid recording reel to reel when the Beatles were still together. I cut my digital teeth on the Fairlight CMI. I am completely comfortable with the world of digital audio, and often give classes covering aspects of recording digitally while using what is euphonic about analog systems. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the effort you folks are putting in with these environment constructions. This is an area that parallels what engineers have done for years plugging together bits of analog gear to make a recording/mixing environment. Now you help show us how to construct this stuff out of your imagination. Fantastic, and VERY impressive. Thanks again. Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Steve and lyghtningrod... Thanks!! OK, so I'll preview the prototype of my Step Sequencer so far. I've had to put it on the back burner for a few months... so it hasn't received much TLC and has a couple of small bugs I haven't managed to fix yet... who knows, it may never be fully complete... .... but the beauty of this Step Sequencer is... (like the Visual Metronome featured in Steve H's Logic TNT3 tutorial) it's powered by one object: The MIDI Click. So the theory behind it is pretty simple, the rest is made up of delay lines, transformers, faders, etc. Here's what it looks like so far: [img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2914/screenshot20101127at155.png[/img] On the plus side, it's pretty fun to play with. I've set it up so the step sequencer works on the currently selected Software Instrument track and it can be recorded in real-time into Logic. It works like a standard drum step-sequencer - though not as flexible as UB's sequencer or even Hyper draw, it's more immediate and fun and great to use on normally non-rhythmic parts. erm... there's 4 different parts.... each part has 16 programmable steps... each Part can have it's steps randomized on/off to create random patterns... each Part can be assigned to a Pitch/note of choice. I haven't implemented a memory bank yet. That was the plan but got held up with a small bug: Every time you press 'randomize' or 'reset' all multiple note events are triggered. I need to un-cable the lot to find the culptrit 8-/ Cheers Rounik
  • lyghtningrod
    wow, that looks...complex. Time to climb that learning curve. In the meantime, I made this environment last year after watching Rounik's TNT2 videos. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=736Y30EO and here's a link to a YT video showing it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-8gqv1Yso It is a random arpeggiator controlled by a vector pad. I put this on LPH last year, but not here, so...
  • Rounik Admin
    lol. Yes... learning curve and too much time on my hands ;-) I love your Vector Pad areggiator control environment. Very Nice! Just goes to show what weird, wonderful and down-right useful creations can be made in Logic's Environment with some time and creativity! Cheers again for sharing! Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Hi Rounik Happy Christmas! its a bit early but never mind... Here is my first environment, called the alternating beat environment (or ABE) [url]http://www.box.net/shared/5f2g26vpz0[/url] Its a way to alternate a mute between two audio channels. There is a "go" button on screenset 1 that changes the mute from channel 1 to channel 2 and vice versa. In this example I've set the output of channel 1 and 2 to be recorded onto two different audio channels, the mixer set up is on screenset 2. I use this technique to come up with craaaazy beats - normally I spend a bit more time making the drumkits match but here's a good example to begin with I've chosen two different sounding apple loops, called Beat 1 and Beat 2. You can hear the original loops if you record arm the other 2 channels (RECORD 1 and 2). I recommend picking two loops of your own, looping them for the full length of the track, record arming RECORD 1 and 2 then get clicking on the go! button until you get some beats you like. It takes a bit of practice... So in the environment: there is one on/off button (button 3) which is set up to send the fader data for the channel mute (F 1 9 1=mute on and F 1 9 0 = mute off). Then the fader data is sent through two transformers, both set to "Condition Splitter (true) - top cable)". Transformer 1 is set to change fader data F190 to F191 on the top cable. This doesn't work straight away because the first data is F191 already. So the data is sent through the bottom cable, and mutes beat 1. At the same time, Transformer 2 is set to change fader data F191 to F190 on the top cable, and unmutes beat 2. The next time you click "go" the reverse happens - Transformer 1 changes the fader data from F190 to F191, which mutes BEAT 2, and Transformer 2 sends F190 to BEAT 1, unmuting it. Its kind of hard to describe, but the monitors explain it better than I could. When it worked for the first time I actually had to spend another half an hour figuring out why!! Hope that someone finds this useful, and has some fun too H
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Hamish! Christmas come early indeed! I'm looking forward to playing around with your ABE over the weekend. Thanks again for sharing :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: