macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Share your Logic Environments ...
    Hi Hamish, This is very cool. Thanks again for sharing your environment. I made a couple of amendments... I hope you don't mind :) ... I couldn't resist adding a few random options - which randomly mutes/unmutes one of the tracks every bar, beat, division. You can turn it off and still manually trigger the alternating beats. Basically, it's now powered by Logic's MIDI Click object (which for this project is set to mute - so you won't hear it... but the Click MUST be turned on in the Transport. Check out Screenset 3: OK - so our click object is spitting out MIDI note events every bar, beat and division. Each of these types has a different velocity. This data is going to a Cable Switcher which is routed to one of 4 possibilities: 0) Off Monitor (so you can manually click the button) 1) A transformer which converts the MIDI note event for Bar (from Click object) to Control data and randomizes whether it is 0 or 1. 2) As above but for Beats 3) As above but for Division. (Set the division value in the Transport Display) Then the date continues from there to Hamish's "Go" button... Here it is: [url]http://www.box.net/shared/2d1njjtqz3[/url] Thanks Again Hamish :) Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Awesome. Thanks Rounik, this is now so cool! The random mode is working really well on hi hat patterns - 2 different pattens played by the same hat. A song's worth of improvised variations and they write themselves! I've had to watch your visual metronome from TNT 3 to find out exactly what you did, but it makes sense now and its been a really good way for me to learn the environment basics too. You've made this a really creative way to get variations out of normal samples, which is what i work with almost all the time, so thanks very much again. Cheers mate! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hamish, My pleasure! You know me... love getting stuck in to the Environment... I literally have to pull myself away from messing around in there! Glad the TNT3 videos I did helped... Great idea to use this on hi-hats... hadn't thought of that , will give it a go now. If you make any amendments to it, would be great if you re-posted it here... and of course any other Environments you want to share too - collaborating is great fun. :) Rounik
  • Bikarye
    Re: Share your Logic Environments here!
    Hi there, Could you please help me find an environment to mute / unmute all the plug ins in a channel strip at the same time ? Thanks
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Share your Logic Environments here!
    Hi Rique, I can make an environment for you that does this. But first, a question for you: how many plugins maximum do you want to mute/unmute? Your answer will determine the approach I take (there are many possibilities). =Ski=
  • Bikarye
    Re: mute plugins
    Hi Ski, THanks for your prompt reply . I really appreciate the help. about 4 plugins .... is there any way to assign a midi note to control that ? I used to have an environment that could do this but I lost it on a hd crash a while back and I was trying to figure it out , but with no success . Best to you, Rique
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rique, Do you have access to SteveH's Logic TNT3? [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic304[/url] He shows you how to create an FX ByPasser Environment in Chapters 2 and 3. He's also made the project files available to download ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Bikarye
    Thanks Rounik. This totally helps . I have the TNT2 Thank you so much ! Just one more question . What is your suggestion for creating a tap tempo to be triggered by midi ? All the best to you ! Rique
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rique, No problem! btw, the FX Bypasser is in the TNT3 not TNT2 ;-) As for the tap tempo question... I'm not sure exactly what you need - or plan to achieve... could you start a new thread and we can explore it there. Thanks :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Rique, I see that Rounik has hooked you up. Let us know if you need more help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: