macProVideo.com
Forums
  • External hard drives
    Hard drive on laptop full
    Hello, I have a MacBook 2.1 and a western digital 320 gig external hard drive. The laptop is full and I would like to move my songs and loops to the external hard drive. what is the best way to do this? I would also like record future songs to the xternal hard drive. What is the seemless way to do this so everything still works? Thank you in advance
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hard drive on laptop full
    Hi External hard drives, Welcome to the forums :) You don't mention which version of Logic you are using? If you have saved your projects and the corresponding audio files neatly within each project folder as Logic encourages you to do, then it's as simple as moving the project folders over to a new folder on your external hard drive. In order for Logic to record future songs to an external HD, next time you open Logic and start a new project, choose Save... In the Save window choose a folder on your external drive where you would like the projects to be stored. Hit save. Now all related audio files, etc will be saved to and recorded to that location. (This info is based on Logic 8 and 9). Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: