macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BlueFielder
    Controlling VI's - Direct vs Indirect Audio
    I've watched and learned much from Steve H's TNT on Controlling Stylus using MIDI to control the Faders, Pans... of the Plugins. It's all very POWERFULL stuff. I have a template of the Macro that he details in his tutorial - specific to Stylus... where LOGIC is DIRECTLY controlling the audio functions in Stylus. (Note- I use BradC's 2 transformer setup) There is 'the other way', where LOGIC is setup with AUX/BUSes to process a 'constant' audio function coming from the plug-in. By this, I mean that the plug-in's audio is 'set' and logic 'processes' the 'set' signals (volume, pan... ). My question is: In the 2nd setup described above, is the audio signal compromised being 'processed' by Logic? Anyone care to pipe in with the advantages/disadvantages of either/both of these setups? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Controlling VI's - Direct...
    Hi KnotEye, Not sure what you mean by: "the plug-in's audio is 'set' and logic 'processes' the 'set' signals" You mean you have bounce the region to audio? What does 'Set' and 'constant' mean in this situation? :) Rounik
  • BlueFielder
    Re: Controlling VI's - Direct...
    Simplified: The question: What are any pros & cons to mixing in the plug-in (using the controls in the plug-in) vs mixing in logic? --------------------- To simply the 2 scenarios, I'll 'manually' control just the volume in scenario #1. Scenario #1: The volume is adjusted/mixed in Stylus, by sliding the level fader on each channel to a desired level. ------------------- Scenario # 2: each channel of the plug-in's is 'set' , as an example to.. say 0dB. The audio out of the plugin is sent to an AUX channel in Logic. The Logic AUX fader modifies (raises/lowers) the 0dB audio coming from the plugin.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: