macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    how to transpose overall key????
    downloaded some midi cover tuens and opened them in logic, they already have a key and automation data! first how do i change the global key? nothing changes when i go to the global track and make key changes??? also how do i undo the built in automation of these mide files or over write them?? is there a global way to do this for all, basically reset them?? appreciate any help
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: how to transpose overall key??...
    Hi Bongolicious, If you want to delete all the region based automation from all regions, I would use the Track > Track Automation > Move all region automation to track automation command and then from the same menu choose: Delete all Automation. As for the Key in Global Tracks, I use the Transposition Global Track. Works well here on Logic 9... Is that what you're doing? Are you using MIDI regions, Blue Apple Loops or normal audio? Cheers Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    these are all midi regions! also where do i sart the steps you listed?? under track heading in my arrange window do not see track automation?? thanks also where is the transposition global track option located?? i use logic pro 8
  • Rounik Admin
    So you're on Logic 8... In Logic 8, Go to Options > Track Automation > Right click on the Global Tracks area/track header and choose to View 'Transposition' Global Tracks. Thanks Rounik
  • Darren
    The Transposition Global Track
    Thanks Rounik, That is Gold. I have been trying to achieve the same thing with the signature track, and obviously I've not ben getting the results. Excellent, Thanks Darren.
  • Bongolicious
    this process still does not overwrite, whatever automation has been embeded in the file i downloaded??? I can write each individual track automation, but i wish I could just do a global reset and not have to ovewrite each one in realtime cuz its time consuming> thanks for any help and happy holidays!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Bongolicious, Don't understand what you mean... Do you want to delete all the track automation on the current track or all tracks? In Logic 8 I believe you can go to: Options > Track Automation and choose a command similar to 'Delete all track automation on current track' or '...on all tracks'. Is this what you want to achieve? If so you can set this to a key command and really make light work of it :) Happy Holidays! ROunik
  • Bongolicious
    thanks for response, i think i tried that to no avail, but ill give it another go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: