macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Logic Quitting
    I'm having some issues, opening some songs, when I double click a song it starts to launch and then unexpectantdly quits and crashes the project. its doing it on a couple of songs, any reason why? Logic 8 here. this just started happening after I open one of the songs I was working on.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Quitting
    There could be many reasons unfortunately. Let's start with what version of OSX are you running Logic 8.0.2 on? What audio interface do you use? Next I'd recommend you try this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Next, are you using any third party plugins in these projects that crash? Thanks Rounik
  • Segejee
    OSX 10.5.8 Logic version 8.0.2 Steinberg MI4 Audio Interface 1.0.0.12 Third party plugins Reaktor 5
  • Rounik Admin
    It could be that these project files have become corrupted? If you've got backups on an external drive then now's a good time to check them too. For all the below steps Quit Logic first! 1. Did you try repairing permissions? (linked to in my above post). 2. Next to try, is unplug the Steinberg MI4, restart your Mac and see if those Logic projects open. 3. Open the Logic Projects folder in the Finder. Look for the project backups folder and try launching one of the backups. Does it work? 4. Trash Logic's Preferences: Move the Logic pref and Logic control surface pref files to you desktop. You can find them here: Users/*home folder*/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.plist & com.apple.logic.pro.cs Restart Logic and open the problem project files. Please let me know the results of each of the 4 steps above. Thanks Rounik
  • Segejee
    I tried em all still having the error message appear. None of the back ups are opening. I tried step 4 and still same deal, like the rest.
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. Here are another couple of things to try: 1. Go to *Home*/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and move the contents to another folder somewhere convenient. Do the same for this folder: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components Now try starting Logic and opening those problem projects. Any luck? *If step 1 didn't help, then quit Logic & replace the contents of those two folders.* 2. Quit Logic. Double-click on one of the problem projects and immediately keep the 'Control' key held down. This will start Logic without loading the core audio driver. When you get the message, choose NOT to load the Core Audio driver. If the Logic opens ok, then I'd recommend opening a new project and manually copy the parts from one to another. Save the new project as a new project. When done, quit Logic and restart as normal and open the newly created project. --- I'd really recommend backing up your projects on a daily/weekly basis. It's unusual but projects can become corrupted. Let me know which steps worked for you. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: