macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Best way to make space for instruments
    Hi all, I am working on a track which has multiple vocal tracks, effects, and instruments (strings, harpsichord, Piano, flutes Oboes etc). The Vocals and instruments are being sent to the same reverb bus. It's a very long reverb, as I want to create a sound akin to being inside a cathedral or something. Effects are being sent to a seperate reverb bus. What I am finding is the mix is getting a bit muddy. I like it to have a dismal oppressive sound, but I'd like the instruments to cut through the mix just a little more. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to achieve this? On a side note, I've heard that adding a second reverb to an instrument can often, can anyone clarify whether this is true and how it does so? Cheers Everybody, Hope you're all getting into the Xmas spirit(s). Not long to go!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Best way to make space for ins...
    Hi John! I'd definitely play with the EQ'ing of each vocal track and subtle panning to try and give them their own space in the mix. You might find that dipping the EQ around 500Hz can remove some muddiness... Using a low cut filter too to remove over saturated bass frequencies. Also, apply different a different reverb setting to a vocal sound can give it more separation - but it depends on the source material and the setting. Space Designer has frequency settings ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: