macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    L9 editing of vocals, any suggestions?
    I've been working on vocal tracks. There are some pitchy parts, not quite high enough and or off here and there. I also needed to flex time edit the trax to get them in the right place. I've got the Flex part handled. What part of Logic 9 would be best suited for editing pitch on vocals? What video training series would offer some insight and training for this application of L9? Or is this a job for (loud echo) MELODYNE..(trails off with reverb) Thanks Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: L9 editing of vocals, any sugg...
    Hi Victor, There are a few options in Logic, but I'd suggest Melodyne as the best solution. In Logic you can use the Pitch Shifter plugin on the audio track. Either cut & paste the 'to be pitch edited' audio onto a new track or automate the pitch plugins parameters. Alternatively, you can open the audio region in the Sample Editor, save the selection as a new file and destructively edit the pitch using the Pitch and Time Machine function within the Sample Editor. But definitely check out MELODYNE... MELOdyne.... melodyneeee.... :) Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Great, Of course as always, Thanks for working the message forum. I know you're the designated chief executive message forum officer. Or just the moderator. Thought I would pump it up a bit.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs! I use the term 'Forum Administrator', but I'm liking your title too! :) Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Commander and Chief Forum Administrator. Ha! I guess that sounds a bit militant. I myself have a pretty heavily traffic message forum and we just call ourselves Admins. So your the main Admin around here. Actually your cameo on the TNT video was cool. I just can remember all the stuff I watch until I need it, then it vaguely recall the segment, go back to the video tutorial library and start combing through the chapter detail list of the assorted tutorials to find the segment I need at that particular moment. So it's not a one time watch, these tutorials are like reference material needed on tap.
  • Rounik Admin
    LOL! Yes, with a title like that, it sounds like I'd need to don a uniform whenever I visit the forums ;-) Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the TNT Cameo! I agree, Video Tutorials are like a more advanced form of book or encyclopedia... much kinder on the environment too of course. I love the search abilties within NED that enable you to find a specific tutorial across all your collection relating to the term you type in. It works much like Spotlight on your Mac. btw, talking about Environments, have you checked out the Environments thread at the top of Logic forum here? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=22544[/url] I started it very recently and the aim is to encourage Logic users to download what's there, share their impressions/feedback and also upload their own Environments if they wish. Good ol' fashioned community sharing eh! :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: