macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Loops
    Ok I have a 1 bar loop that I chopped and edited. I was wondering where I can store the loop within the project, so that I can drop the edited loop at later parts of the song. I know I could just put the edited loops farther down the time line and drag them over, is there not an easier way. I tried bouncing the edited loop imported it and then I dropped it, but the loop didn't sound right. It didn't match the sound quality of the current un-edited loop. I bounced it as an aif file.
  • Segejee
    Re: Loops
    the only thing I can think of to do is put the drum loop edits in a pack folder, mute the track and drag the edit I want into different tracks in the song.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1 I'm assuming this is an Audio region? There is no reason why your bounced audio file should sound drastically different from the original. 1. Check your bounce settings (sample rate, no need to dither) 2. Make sure when bouncing the region you Bypass any plugins on the Output channel strip. If you don't then you will find it sounds weird having bounced a file with adlimiter and compression applied only to be reapplied ehn re-imported. --- You can also add your loop to the Apple Loops library. If you prefer, in the Audio Bin you should find the edited region which you drag and drop as you wish. btw, I didn't hear back from you in your thread about 'Bussing' or whether the environment I made for you had solved your issue or not. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/tips-n-tricks&id=21859&sid=30#22674[/url] Rounik
  • Segejee
    yeah that should work, I saved it as a template, but I wouldn't know how to build something like that for new songs to work on. Sounds like something that should be shown in a tutorial. Sorry I've been working on a new song and been busy with that. Hope you have a merry christmas! :)
  • Segejee
    oh and the loop thing all I did was bypassed the plugins on the master, and the channel strip bounced it in real time, normalize and made sure it was 44.1K, 16bit, WAV, and Stereo interleaved. Edited sample sounds fine.
  • Rounik Admin
    Great. Bypassing the Master Output channel plugins is really important if you bounce and re-import into Logic. You may want to think about adding your created loops to the Apple Loops Library, then you will be able to access them very easily! There's a great section about doing this in the Core Logic 9 101 tutorial. Glad the Environment helped too. You can easily copy and paste the objects from project to project and then connect the objects as they have been done in my example. Interesting idea on creating a tutorial showing how to do this... Have a great Christmas! Rounik
  • Segejee
    oh Rounik, ha I'm silly I forgot to solo my channels, so other sounds were recording on the bounce, ughh. Now I know what my old recording teacher meant back in school. :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha :) I think you'd love the Bounce Region in Place feature in Logic 9! It makes life so much easier :) Best Rounik
  • Segejee
    by the time I can afford Logic 9, Logic 10 will already be coming out. :) btw I still need to see your cameo in tnt 2.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: