macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Freezing function
    How does this function work? I'm looking to use some plugins like pedalboard "freeze it" and then use another effect on the same track. Or would that just mean bouncing it instead to achieve that?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Freezing function
    Hi Alex, Freezing is really there to render tracks to audio when your Mac's CPU is struggling. I would recommend bouncing tracks to audio... although I'm not sure why you want to insert a pedalboard on the track, bounce it and then place an effect on that bounced track, when you can place the second effect after the pedalboard? Is there a particular reason why you wish to render the track to audio before applying another plug-in on it? Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Well for example if my amp designer guitar track has a phaser effect from my pedalboard and then I want to have my next several bars with a delay I don't want to open 2 tracks with amp designer and different effects. I feel like all these plugins are killing my cpu and I keep on getting the system overload message when playing back.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah... OK, I see what you mean. There's a few ways: - two tracks... one already processed with Pedal board and delay and bounced. Make sure to bypass plugins not being used and muting at channel strip level should save more CPU than muting at track header level. - Personally I prefer automating the delay effect. - Then you could do the 2nd way and freeze the track. Logic gives a lot of different choices in this regard, so I;d suggest whichever one suits your workflow is the one to go for :) Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Hi Rounik, Happy New Everything... I was looking for some info on track freezing, and came across this response from a couple of weeks ago. What do you mean by muting at the channel strip level rather than the track header level? I'm not sure of the difference. Do you mean muting the individual effects instead of the entire track?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy, Happy New Everything! :) There are two different mute/solo modes in Logic. 1. CPU-saving mute / slow mute Channel strips and track header mute/solo buttons are connected. Click Mute during playback and there will be a slight lag between when the channel/track actually becomes muted. 2. Fast(remote channel strips) Here clicking Mute in the Channel strip is the same as above. But the track header has independent mute/solo button. It does not saves more CPU as it will instantly mute/solo the tracks contents. Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio (General) to change the setting. You can also bypass a plugin by Option-clicking it's name in the insert slot of a channel strip to help save resources. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: