macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    orchestra samples for the exs24
    Does someone have some recommendations for orchestral instruments, especially strings, for use with the exs24? The stock ones are ok, but I was hoping to find better sampled instruments than the ones that come with Logic Pro 9. Thanks, much appreciated. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: orchestra samples for the exs2...
    Hi SG, Here are a couple which clients I've known highly recommend: [url]http://vsl.co.at/[/url] [url]http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Thanks so much. I'll probably go for the Kirk Hunter in that it appears to be highly thought of, and it is a great bargain. Do you know of any current issues with Logic 9 or Snow Leopard? Also, do the samples simply show up (I am thinking of the Diamond collection on hard drive) in the EXS24 and can one manipulate the samples in terms of articulation the way one can with the EXS24 samples that are "native" so to speak for the EXS24 (the ones that I already have - whatever came with Logic Pro 9)? Thanks for your time in answering this. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, I'm not sure of any of these questions... The clients are definitely away for extended breaks now ;-) I'd recommend contacting the manufacturers directly for accurate answers. Good luck! Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for your response. I called one of the vendors, and will wait for their answers. Also, the Kirk Hunter site has informative faqs about use with EXS24. BTW, it looks like one CAN use the Hunter samples on the EXS24 with the same flexibility that is available on the samples that come with Logic. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year SG
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, My pleasure! I browsed the Kirk Hunter site and it looks like EXS24 versions have been mapped with flexibility and realism in mind. The Kontakt version may also be worth considering, although I'm sure they will be able to give you better advice on this than me! Do update this thread with any info you find out / your impressions if possible. Many thanks and have a great New Year! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: