macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    realtime vocoder use
    can you use the vocoder in realtime? or do you have to pre record the audio first only?? have a gig new years eve and thought it could come in handy but need real time use for improv. any ideas????
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: realtime vocoder use
    Yes, you can definitely use the Vocoder in realtime. You will need to either have a MIDI region with recorded MIDI note events triggering the Vocoder and Logic's transport playing or play the keyboard notes in realtime (no need for the transport to be running). :) Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    so are my steps, set up vocoder midi track, set up and activate audio for vocals, sidechain vocoder for audio track, mute audio, play midi keyboard and sing at same time??? I think these were the steps i tried before to no avail unless it was prerecorded audio?
  • Bongolicious
    i think i figured it out! Im not as dumb as i look! i need to sidechain input of audio, not audio channel, for that is for prerecorded audio right? sorry for your time, any tips or tricks li appreciate them
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! You should be able to listen to a record enabled track/channel strip and side chain that... is Logic's transport in playback mode? If so make sure that when the track is record enabled that from the Options > Audio menu both Punch on the fly and Auto-Input monitoring are not ticked. Otherwise, sounds like you've got it all working well! Do you have access to the TNT 2 tut? Vocoding is covered in: Section 5: August 13. Evoc20 Synth Section 14. Evoc Analysis 15. Evoc Audio Preparation 16. Let's Vocode! 17. Note Just For Voice Hope that helps! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: